Mouse-fi
Feb 12, 2011 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Huxley

1000+ Head-Fier
So what is your favourite, i have a razer deathadder, logitech g7 carbon, did have a steelseries xai that broke after 2 minutes and now a lovely roccat kone plus, with their taito gaming pad.

Makes bfbc2 sniping that much easier.

Anyone else?

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 24
xai here.  claw grip with a joystick thumb, 1600~cpi, tried more but it's too much and less isn't fast enough, and 5001 cpi is plain bonkers :D  would love to meet someone who uses that, be funny to see their hand almost motionless :)  second setting is 380 cpi or something, real slow for tracking some bunnyhopping bugger, cba to turn the mouse over and check haha...funny thing is this mouse has so many customisable sensor options but i have them all set to 0/off :/

my main concern in a mouse is actually the click sound, it has to be just perfect else i smash the mouse to bits for some insane reason, years and years of gaming has just made me utterly intolerant of sloppy mouse clicks or buttons with mere microns too much travel.

also wireless is totally out of the question as i need my mouse tethered somehow so i can't throw it across the room/out the window or otherwise eat it in a fit of rage.  

still remember the first time i smashed a mouse to bits, was playing Age of empires...PC crashed and i just lost it :D

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 24
My last gaming mouse broke after 1 month of use. 
redface.gif

Currently using a microsoft wireless mouse for my notebook. (working on the office)

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 24
Previous mouse was a razer deathadder that started crapping out after about a year. Currently using a logitech G9, which is going on 1.5+ years with only a replacement of the teflon feet needed. Great for claw grip and logitech's software for it is pretty decent.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 24
Mice I have:
Logitech MX510 (using at work), MX518, G5 v2, G500
Alienware TactX (Logitech G9X clone)
Zowie EC2 (currently using)

The EC2 is my favorite.  Another mouse that I used to have that I really liked and should buy again is the MS Intellimouse Optical 1.1.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #11 of 24
Logitech MX revolution 

The infinite scroll wheel is the best thing ever. I'm tempted to pick up the G700, since I don't really use the second scroll wheel on the revolution much. 

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #12 of 24
I'm on my second G5 for my desktop.  I just love the larger size and the way it fits in my hand.  It is perfect for hours of photoshopping.

I'm using the touchpoint on my thinkpad.  I'll never use a touchpad again...

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #13 of 24
Logitech G1 ~_~

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #14 of 24

Quote:
xai here.  claw grip with a joystick thumb, 1600~cpi, tried more but it's too much and less isn't fast enough, and 5001 cpi is plain bonkers :D  would love to meet someone who uses that, be funny to see their hand almost motionless :)  second setting is 380 cpi or something, real slow for tracking some bunnyhopping bugger, cba to turn the mouse over and check haha...funny thing is this mouse has so many customisable sensor options but i have them all set to 0/off :/

my main concern in a mouse is actually the click sound, it has to be just perfect else i smash the mouse to bits for some insane reason, years and years of gaming has just made me utterly intolerant of sloppy mouse clicks or buttons with mere microns too much travel.

also wireless is totally out of the question as i need my mouse tethered somehow so i can't throw it across the room/out the window or otherwise eat it in a fit of rage.  

still remember the first time i smashed a mouse to bits, was playing Age of empires...PC crashed and i just lost it :D

The customizable cpi/dpi is so that you do not have to use an in-game sensitivity over or blow 1.0. This way the computer gets direct input from the mouse and helps eliminate acceleration and odd numbers. This only works if the windows sensitivity is the sixth tab from the left, absolute left being 1.

Was gonna get the Xai myself but got the G500 because it was cheaper, and the lazer is situated much higher up which I enjoy for finger control... I guess it is my own play on claw grip. They both use the same avago lazer and it is quite good -much better than last gen optical and leaps and bounds better than first gen lazer mice which were atrocious most notably at lower dpi. The G500 and Xai can be moved over 6 meters/s without clipping :).

I can't stand using mice that don't track properly and computers with all kinds of dumb acceleration. My 1:1 input is excellent and I won't settle for anything less!

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
So what is your favourite, i have a razer deathadder, logitech g7 carbon, did have a steelseries xai that broke after 2 minutes and now a lovely roccat kone plus, with their taito gaming pad.

Makes bfbc2 sniping that much easier.

Anyone else?

Wait, did they ever fix the acceleration issues in BFBC2? have not played it since launch because the mouse control was so botched. There is a fix but I have not tried it yet... was hoping dice would fix it but I guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back