Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :)
Mar 17, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #391 of 589
I totally disagree. I haven't done any science experiments to decide if the Earth is round but I can tell you it's round, or at least I heard that it's round.

But if you we're claiming that the word is flat you would have to perform science experiments to prove your theory.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #392 of 589
The people over there (me included) do not treat them that way. If we said they're the best can in the world it's obviously sarcasm, but if I think the beat most closed cans out there, and someone else says the beat the He-6 or HE 500 in specific areas, then we are only stating the truth. You have heard them right?

LOL sure, send me a pair and I will give a full and complete review. If I agree that they are everything they're hyped up to be I'll paypal the price +10% by way of apology. Call it the "foot in mouth tax". Otherwise I'll just mail them back.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #393 of 589
But if you we're claiming that the word is flat you would have to perform science experiments to prove your theory.

So are you claiming the world is round? Or are you claiming that you can't say one way or the other?

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #394 of 589

Or I could cite my sources, allowing someone with more experience and or skill to make a more accurate experiment/solution. Sometimes telling someone of your individual experience can go against the cause.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #395 of 589
Or I could cite my sources, allowing someone with more experience and or skill to make a more accurate experiment/solution. Sometimes telling someone of your individual experience can go against the cause.

Sorry, in this world there is no deduction or "citing sources". Only first-hand experience matters. Burn all your books, don't send your children to school, the only knowledge one can attain is done directly.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #397 of 589
I guess we'll agree to disagree. But tell me why is it so important to have first hand experience? People say it's important but not why.

LOL I was agreeing with you there. First hand experience is obviously important, but as (ostensibly) intelligent adults we can also usually piece together when something is fishy or otherwise nonsense. 

"The Mikros 90 is an amazing deal!" Sure, I got no reason to think that's weird.

"The Mikros 90 is the best you'll get under $300!" Okay, opinions are opinions but I can't argue.

"The Mikros 90 is better than anything under $2000!" Alllll right, now we're getting weird, I feel pretty confident in saying this is not true.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #398 of 589
You shouldn't comment in large detail about a can you haven't heard, but just recommending them or saying "the m100 and momentum on ear are bass heavy" is perfectly acceptable.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #399 of 589
You shouldn't comment in large detail about a can you haven't heard, but just recommending them or saying "the m100 and momentum on ear are bass heavy" is perfectly acceptable.

Yeah I'm pretty sure if we took this board and made sure no one made any comments about any products they hadn't personally used then about 75% of the traffic would go away.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #401 of 589

Pointing someone in a direction is different from having an opinion on something.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #402 of 589

Because it is subjective

Which actually means no one should share opinions on ANYTHING because just because you think X is good/bad doesn't mean I will, thus rendering the entire concept of asking for advice or reading reviews meaningless. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #404 of 589

Which actually means no one should share opinions on ANYTHING  they haven't heard before because just because you think X is good/bad doesn't mean I will, thus rendering the entire concept of asking for advice or reading reviews meaningless. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #405 of 589
Actually, that renders the entire concept of overrated/underrated null and void since both of the previous terms are purely applied to one's personal opinions related to a given product, and there is no way to consider someone ELSE'S opinion in any way incorrect, only that one's OWN opinion differs from the bulk of others in one fashion or another. Nothing is over/underrated, we merely find ourselves as outliers to popular opinion.

Relativism is fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back