Most stylish headphones?
Feb 19, 2006 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

jagorev

Headphoneus Supremus
What are some headphones you could wear in a social setting and still look fashionable?

My nominee: the stunning Audio-Technica ATH-EW9

faudiotechnicaathew95dx.jpg

Any other suggestions? Do post pics if you can.

Feb 19, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 33
Heh, a topic close to my own heart.
biggrin.gif

I'd have to say the HP-2 is definitely up there. They don't build 'em like they used to.

The EW9 looks great when you hold them, but not so cool when actually worn. Too small, and looks thick when hanging off the ears. I wonder if that's the real reason I sold mine...
biggrin.gif

Surprisingly the Qualia 010 actually looks pretty decent when people wear em.

Best,

-Jason

Feb 19, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 33
What's the odds that somebody suggests Jecklin Floats?

But seriously, my old B&O A8 were pretty slick-looking, if not the best on the sound front. People looked at them and went "ooooh", as opposed to my big home cans, at which they go "errr..."

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 33
That one's easy: Qualias

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 33
Don't kid yourself, headphones in any social setting will make you look like a nerd or a geek. Those ATs are beautiful, but even those wouldn't balance the geek factor going on.

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDaddy
Don't kid yourself, headphones in any social setting will make you look like a nerd or a geek. Those ATs are beautiful, but even those wouldn't balance the geek factor going on.

That's not true; it's becoming more and more commonplace to see quality headphones in public on fashionable people.

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 33
The main thing to me that makes headphones "Cool" looking in public is the headband's closeness to the head. The HD280 and ES7, while having innoffensive "cans" have headbands that jut away from the head. If my DT770s had cans that were slightly flatter, they'd be perfect, and I think the Senn high ends (580/600/650) look REALLY cool in that aspect.

However, I always think that people who wear SR60s look cool. They're just such no-nonsense classy black looking headphones. Little antennae, sure, but they're nice and flat against the head. If the MS2i didn't have such long chambers, it'd be a VERY attractive "wear in public" headphone.

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
What's the odds that somebody suggests Jecklin Floats?

But seriously, my old B&O A8 were pretty slick-looking, if not the best on the sound front. People looked at them and went "ooooh", as opposed to my big home cans, at which they go "errr..."

there's definitely no reason to buy the A8 beyond style.

i give my ironic vote to the ety er4. how can you not admire someone who's got a red "L" and a blue "L" sticking out of his head?

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
That's not true; it's becoming more and more commonplace to see quality headphones in public on fashionable people.

Really? Where? Most people round my parts just wear whatever comes stock. I go to Boston once in awhile, and few have anything decent in either looks or sound. The so-called fashionable folks (whatever defines that) just have ibuds. I'd have to agree with bluesdaddy, at least when it comes to my area.

I personally wouldn't mind a stylish portable phone, but not if it's too expensive or the sound stinks. I like the AT aesthetics though. Also, I'm still a firm believer that a headphone can't make you look good, only the vice-versa. If you see a hot girl with some ugly arse phones, you gonna care?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back