Most popular headphone of the moment!
May 6, 2008 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

vvanrij

Headphoneus Supremus
I would like to know which is the most popular headphone at the moment. Please suggest the ones you would like in the poll (max 10).

biggrin.gif

EDIT: Since I'v been getting some weird reactions, as people don't read my reply's, I'l state it here in the first post:

Its a poll about head-fi'ers owning them, and stating the one which they most like. I didn't include the very expensive ones, since not many people own them, thus they are less 'popular'. Its just that I would like to know which choices all people have made, and to see which is the 'affordable favorite', if I can call it that. It's not about a total amount of sales.

I'm sorry I forgot the Beyer's/Denon's and 780's. I don't know how to edit my poll, if someone knows, please share.

May 6, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 56
iBuds

May 6, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 56
among the choices it might be the senn 600/650 but these are always popular. Probably about even with grados. The current craze would probably be the ultrasone hfi780s which sort of masked the denon craze right before that

May 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #6 of 56
Is there any way I can add the denon's and 780s to the poll? I can't find how to edit it?

May 6, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #7 of 56
The Denon D2000/D5000 should probably be one of your options

May 6, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 56
The Denons AH-D series definately need to be included in the poll, with their excellent build and sonic presentation being more dynamic with impact throughout their well extended frequency range than their competition when coupled to lesser components; And most importantly to some, they scale down well while maintaining pleasing sonic preformance in lesser component chains affording more utility in many more applications!!!

Of course, they do in fact scale up well also, however that is to be expected, although not mandatory with these fine 'phones. IMO&E
wink.gif

May 6, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 56
Apple iBud it is.
As of April last year Apple had sold 100 million of them (every iPod come with a pair).

May 6, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #10 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple iBud it is.
As of April last year Apple had sold 100 million of them (every iPod come with a pair).

Of course this begs the question; does the OP mean popular in absolute terms or simply among Head-fiers. And also, if it's the former, then are they popular becuase people have chosen ibuds specifically or is it just because they come bundled with iPods? I can't imagine too many people saying, "I've gotta go out and get me some ibuds!"

My guess is that the OP meant popular among Head-fiers, in which case, I agree that while the new Denons should be on the list, I've got to believe that the most popular in terms of shear numbers have to be either Senns or Grados.

May 6, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #11 of 56
Ultrasone in, Beyer out, Grado three times...fan boy at work...

May 6, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #12 of 56
Denon Seem to be quite populare at the moment.

Koss, doesn't the KSC-75 get a mention?

Stax theres a fair few of these about on Head-Fi, although it's probably a vocal minority, they seem to garner a fair bit of praise.

Maybe even an OTHER option?

May 6, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #13 of 56
Ok like I asked before, is there anyway I can edit the poll to include some mayor ones I forgot (sorry!!!)

780's
Denon 2000/5000
Beyers
Koss
Stax

Any idea? Or should I just make a new poll. Also this is indeed about head-fi'ers, not about world sale. And Nickchen if that comment is directed to me, thats a pretty mean accusation. I forgot some major brands indeed, sorry about that, but I made some different categories as you can see per brand, and imo the grado has 3 category's, which I thought to be popular. No need calling me a fanboy!

May 6, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #14 of 56
I agree that it firstly should be defined to the OP's judgement what's "popular".
If it's for people owning them, it's a tough call between iPod buds, some Sony buds, maybe some Koss or perhaps Senn PX100, who knows.

If it's for people at Head-fi liking them or desperately wanting a pair, who knows, maybe more models should be added, it could be well possible that most of us liked to own a pair of HE90 or R10 if the funds and availability allowed.

But if it were for the Head-fi members owning them, possibly this would be a tight competition between some Grados and Senns. If it were for the FOTM thing, maybe the HFI780 or even the Ed9 were the winners.

Rgrds

May 6, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #15 of 56
I think this thread should be renamed the FOTM poll and stickied to help us keep abreast of important changes here at the head-fi hype machine. Remember vote early... vote often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back