Most "Fun" IEM at $100 and at $200
Apr 18, 2018 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SolidSnake3

500+ Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,

So I've been out of the audio scene for a while and am finally looking to pick up some good iems again. Right now I've got a pair of Massdrop X Noble that I enjoy but may be passing on/giving to a good friend as a great intro to better quality gear. This means I'm looking for some new iems buy.

Budget wise I've got some room but wanted to see what the most fun enjoyable stuff out there is at the $100 and $200 price point. For me, fun and enjoyable means wanting to sing along, wanting to tap your feet and move. These will not be for critical listening or any type of analytical work, just to jam out and have fun with.

I'm a sucker for good vocals and have a fair amount of rock, alt. rock, indie, some acoustic and a bit of rap here and there.

Feel free to throw stuff out there, looking for iems worth researching moreat either of those price points. Thanks!

Apr 18, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 8
For me, one of the most fun, if not the most fun, IEM at $100 is the iBasso IT01. It punches way above its price-point and really sounds terrific.

At the $200 mark, I like the Dunu DN-2000 as a good foot-tapper. Also very nice. At a bit lower price, the FiiO F9 Pro is also quite good. You might check it out as well. Some thoughts.

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 8
My Mee Audio M7 pros are A Lot of fun. Unbelievable bass. These are what I pull out when I want a fun sound. And its right in the middle of your budget.

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 8
I have yet to hear better vocals than from the RE600s v2, if it's still on sale for 99. I understand people's aversion to Hifiman, if that bothers you. Sonically, the largest deficiency is sub-bass.
I found the 1more quads to be a bit overhyped at 199. The treble sounds artificial, but the bass has a decent impact, and the mids don't disappear.
For a bass emphasis, the Noble EDC Velvet's are a lot of fun. Electronic music sounds great out of them, but anything that lends itself to clinical listening will reveal the bass slightly bleeds into the mids, and the vocals aren't the star of the show.
The Nuforce EDC and EDC 3 are some good fun, but I don't think vocals are still quite in the realm of the re600s v2.
TBH, I think the Noble X's are hard to beat.

Apr 19, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Hey all,

Thanks for those suggestions so far! Some interesting stuff in there, not familiar with Campfire Audio and didn't know iBasso was making iems. The iBasso look like a great choice at the $100 price point!

That said, keep em coming guys, planning to look into all of these further from your suggestions.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back