Most disappointing headphone purchase
Aug 3, 2006 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 317

GlorytheWiz825

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys. Just wanted to know what headphones you guys bought that really disappointed you? For me, it was the Bose Triports. I got them because I fell for the Bose marketting and the sales person at the store. I picked them up right before I was leaving for Canada from the States so didn't even get a chance to return it. Back then, I didn't know jack about high quality headphones and the guy managed to convince me the Triports were the best thing on the market. Hey, the Triports even have the price to prove it! So that's my story...spending $150 dollars on a $30 dollar headphone. What's your story?

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #6 of 317
Grado SR60 and Alessandro MS1. Only thing they are good for are movies. No soundstage, no resolution, no details, cymbals decay...yucks!..

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #11 of 317
Quote:

Grado SR60 and Alessandro MS1. Only thing they are good for are movies. No soundstage, no resolution, no details, cymbals decay...yucks!..

Damn, you must have had a defective pair, because when you said is the exact opposite of my SR-60s. (Except the one about the soundstage.)

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #13 of 317
Yeah i'm kind of disappointed in my e4's too... I can't hear too much difference between them and my e2c's... I suppose it doesn't help that I can't get a good fit in my right ear no matter what I do. It is very frustrating. My SR-60's kill them anyway.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #14 of 317
Sony MDR-V600. Horribly overpriced (I paid a LOT for them several years ago) for poor sound - poorly defined/bloated bass, odd mids, poor balance. To give them some credit they're comfortable (though somewhat heavy), isolate pretty well and are built like a tank.

Ant

FWIW I still liked them better than the Triports/QC2 when I tried them though. Sorry OP.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #15 of 317
The E4 did improve quite a bit when I added an SR-71 though, and they always had a midrange that neither my SA5000 nor my K701 could touch, but they were rolled off in the bass and very, very rolled off in the treble, so I just didn't get to hear a lot of the notes that were in the music. I also had fit issues. In the end, I sold them for $140. I prefer the $140.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back