Most Amazing Low Cost Streamer: Arylic S10
Aug 29, 2021 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

c3po

Head-Fier
741683B5-33CA-4A1A-9F33-4AF4C008C614.jpeg
17AA5948-4310-4347-8B94-1F769802EE9A.jpeg
The Little Box of Tricks on far Right is the Arylic S10, it does just about everything the BlueSound node 2i does (if you forgive the input up to 24/192 being output at 44.1/16 bit) for less than $100 or £70.
Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music, Qobuz, DLNA, Tunein. Foobar via Pc to usb
Bluetooth, Aux input, USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, remote control via IOS or Android.
Pay extra $20 to get usb/pc access to the Parametric equaliser/ Equaliser settings and whole tool box of settings.

I switched between SMSl su-9/ Ibasso DX160 and the Acylic S10 feeding the Valve amp and I was hard pushed to hear the difference.
I think the Valve Amp adds that little bit of nice distortion that makes it harder to differentiate. I’m listening on Sundara’s.

Yesterday I did a pile of work on the computer listening to music coming from my Vortexbox server and Amazon and I wasn’t in rush to convert back to full HD.

plus they will sell you a range of PCB’s that you can build into speakers or tap into i2c for better Dac (still limited to 44.1/16).

I couldn’t afford the bluesound but I could afford this and I’m over the moon. It’s worth a try at that price especially when you can use it elsewhere in your house to access your music.
Ps I sideloaded google play onto Kindle Fire so now the Tunes are on permanent display and controllable there and on iPhone at same time.
https://www.arylic.com

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 12
Wow, this is pretty rad! I might give it a try…so much cheaper than a Bluesound!

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 12
Wow, this is pretty rad! I might give it a try…so much cheaper than a Bluesound!
Yes definitely give it a go. I’ve been listening to Amazon music and my own files streamed, I set up a Spotify free account and overall I’m pretty impressed. Ok so it takes up to 24/192 and down samples them to 16/44.1 but hey so what most 24/192 is really boosted 16/44..1 anyway (shh don’t tell anyone but after 2 minutes your brain gives up on critical listen and just settles back to enjoy the music instead).
It’s like the raspberry pi, never going to compete against those massive chess computers but a lot of fun to be had trying.
here’s my setup (most control via iPhone, Fire (sideloaded)
2E2BFA88-0DE8-4284-8DA1-6EAF48D87890.jpeg
used more as a ‘Playing Now’ display but still fully controllable.

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 12
That’s undeniably rad. Thanks for sharing!

Oct 15, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #5 of 12
Class D Amplifiers are never the talk of music lovers as most of us went way beyond them, but they are a really effective solution for beginners, and when you're low on resources, they can be a great way to power speakers, even some high-end models!

Today's video review has all my usual comedy and fun, background music and all, and will focus on the A50 Streamer / Amplifier made by ARYLiC. It boasts 50W of Class D power, tons of options, and a really good build quality too!

I hope my video review is helpful to you, and if you have questions I'm around to help, both in the comments on in the Youtube comments of the video~

Oct 18, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #6 of 12
Oh, that's a really cool and cool solution. Thank you so much for the advice. I'm just looking for a way to beef up my audio system. I just really like to play VR games, and when you look for a long time here game on the website, the regular sound through the speakers spoils all the realism. It feels like cheap sound that just isn't enough.

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 12
Mar 15, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 12
am i reading this right? you can plug a usb drive in and play local files vis a headless "player" and it has a built in DAC but only gives out 16/44 (CD that has been ripped to WAV quality) and its not Raspberry Pi based.

Hi, yes, that is pretty much correct.

You can also use it to play files from an internet source, including spotfiy and such. Even Apple airplay.

The actual experience is not bad.

The maximum data rate is not that relevant since it cannot output digital very well, it is mainly a DAC.

Mar 15, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 12
so its a headless player DAC that can play files from a USB HDD or DAP with USB OTG. i'm not intrested in internet source or bluetooth or wifi etc.etc.

basically, DAP (OTG) plugged into Arylic plugged into Headamp (phono) using smartphone as headless (app) player. i wont be needing anything over 16/44.1 as i only listen to ripped CD WAV.

Mar 15, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #11 of 12
so its a headless player DAC that can play files from a USB HDD or DAP with USB OTG. i'm not intrested in internet source or bluetooth or wifi etc.etc.

basically, DAP (OTG) plugged into Arylic plugged into Headamp (phono) using smartphone as headless (app) player. i wont be needing anything over 16/44.1 as i only listen to ripped CD WAV.

USB HDD and USB Stick yes, for DAP with USB OTG, I am not sure, it would heavily depend on the DAP and such. I tested the USB input the least :frowning2:

The USB is limited to a certain number of songs, so if you have too many songs on the USB this may be a problem 1000 songs limited.

Apr 11, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #12 of 12
Really cool, thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back