Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
Nov 21, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #1,306 of 1,920
A doubling of electrical power sent to the speakers is +3dB.

A doubling of voltage sent to the speakers is +6dB. This is a quadrupling of electrical power.

A perceived doubling of volume is generally regarded as +10dB, which is a 10x of electrical power (or roughly 3.16x of voltage)

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #1,307 of 1,920
For simaudio 430HAD users, I recently replaced the stock fuses to the audiophile fuses and it actually further improve the dynamic, soundstage and details. Well worth the money invested imo. 

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,308 of 1,920
  For simaudio 430HAD users, I recently replaced the stock fuses to the audiophile fuses and it actually further improve the dynamic, soundstage and details. Well worth the money invested imo. 

Pics?
Steps?
Did it yourself?
warranty issues? 
More details, please 
popcorn.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #1,309 of 1,920
Pics?
Steps?
Did it yourself?
warranty issues? 
More details, please :popcorn:

Steps are easy. Take off the top and pop out the two stock fuses (they reside in a platic container), replace it with new fuse. Took me 2 mins and no skills required.
Dont think it will have issue with warranty as you can always put back the stock fuses. The top cover is very easy to take off, just 6 screws.

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #1,310 of 1,920
Steps are easy. Take off the top and pop out the two stock fuses (they reside in a platic container), replace it with new fuse. Took me 2 mins and no skills required.
Dont think it will have issue with warranty as you can always put back the stock fuses. The top cover is very easy to take off, just 6 screws.

Fuse web link?

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #1,312 of 1,920
Agreed.
Here's an update post-430 review.
I'm officially moving away from solid state. A few weeks using an OTL tube amp without output capacitors I'm convinced. It's outperforming everything I've ever heard so far (even being fed by Hugo).

I'm also discovering that I actually don't like the Hugo's usb input. When using the coax I'm so much more at ease with the sound. I started to feel that the usb sounded just like you describe it; flat, non-musical. With toslink and coax, the fun analog feeling comes back.
Strange. I've been using the Hugo's usb for 5-6 months without problems...

What otl amp?

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #1,313 of 1,920
I love my 430 but replacing the fuses would be a bridge too far for me

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #1,315 of 1,920
I was a skeptic until I tried it myself. Very surprising the "change" it makes to the sound. It is cheap (fuses were $20) and easy to DIY, as simple as changing interconnects. 

begs the question.... if it were that simple, cheap, and effective, why wouldn't simaudio have done it themselves?

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #1,318 of 1,920

Well, I am sure its the reason why they give you stock power cable and not something a bit better. 
Also, why headphone companies dont give good cables to their top of the line headphones. I am sure the production cost of the actual cables (especially purchased in bulk) is negligible in how much they are charging for their headphones. 

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #1,319 of 1,920
  Spend $20 and try it for yourself. 

doesn't answer my question.

if you like how it turned out, more power to you.  i spent $3400 on a Moon Neo because I am confident they know more about electronics than i do.  i'm going to trust that they used the fuse they did for a good reason.  

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,320 of 1,920
I just learned of a local dealer and am able to audition it. But there is just one thing............

Sticker shock!!!!!

What would it be after this?

On the bright side they do trade-ins and I have 2 equipments to knock the price down to 40%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back