Moog
Jun 2, 2007 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wafflesomd

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I just watched a documentary called Moog on showtime.

It was all about the creation of synthesizers. It basically went through the history of synthesizers and how they've affected music today.

It had the creator of synthesizers, Bob Moog, who traveled around the world and saw how his creation was being implemented today.

I though it was pretty cool, I suggest you try and catch it on sometime, it was really interesting.

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 8
I want a Little Phatty so badly. Alas, the price tag!
eek.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 8
The minimoogs always got me. Such great instruments, but so darn expensive. Still, when you're brought up listening to Yes it's hard not to appreciate a good synthesizer. On another note I think I saw this documentary a year or two ago. It may have been a different one by it was definitely the same premise and it was pretty good.

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #7 of 8
The little phatty is actually relatively cheap compared to the rest of the moog lineup. Great little synth too! The documentry is really great in my opinion too!

Quote:

....so where is all the moog music now? The last and best that I remember was from Clockwork Orange.

"moog music" is still around. It's just so prevalent throughout music, that you probably don't notice it. Obviously much of electronic music is built heavilly on synthesizers, and that is what "moog music" is all about! It's just that sythesizers have advanced and evolved over the years! In clockwork, Wendy Carlos used the synths to replicate real instruments and perform pieces written for traditional instruments. Now music is written for synthesizers! Although some of these songs don't have the traditional moog sound, they have the same concept of synthesized music, and many do still use the moog.

sigh... i went a bit on a rant about synthesizers
wink.gif

R.I.P. Robert Moog

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....so where is all the moog music now? The last and best that I remember was from Clockwork Orange.

The music in the Electric Parade at Disney's California Adventure is all electronic. So it's a short drive for you to hear "live" electronic music!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back