Monster Turbine
Sep 11, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #31 of 47

Quote:
Compare to apple earbuds?
I meant in terms of durability and sound

I have never owned an ipod, but I have tried ibuds from time to time. I cannot make any conclusions in sound but the metal turbine will be more durable than the plastic ibuds (obviously)

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #33 of 47
Once youll get a secure fit, youll love these earphones
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #34 of 47
I'm thinking about picking up a pair of these or the Dr. Dre tours from monster's b stock sale. I like my Head-Direct RE-0's but the durability has me worried about taking them with me. I had them for 4 months and the left bud stopped working, took 2 months to get a replacement pair. 

Mainly want to use them for walking to class or on the bus. Would these be durable enough for that? I can get the Turbine's for $39.95 and the Tour's for $49.95. Mainly for Rock, jazz, hip hop. 

Any opinions would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: I also was thinking I could get these and a squaretrade warranty if they are worth those prices.

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #35 of 47
It's certainly nothing exceptional. Treat it carefully.

That said, I am very impressed by these headphones. I got them last night and I am very much enjoying them. The soundstage is impressive for an IEM, and certainly for one at this price. The mids are decent. The comfort is superb, especially with some Sony single-flange tips. The comfort and the soundstage have caused me to keep forgetting that I'm wearing in-ears and not full portable headphones.
blink.gif

Quote:
Yea ive checked some reviews, lotsof people say the cable is a bit weak
Is that true?

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #36 of 47

Quote:
I'm thinking about picking up a pair of these or the Dr. Dre tours from monster's b stock sale. I like my Head-Direct RE-0's but the durability has me worried about taking them with me. I had them for 4 months and the left bud stopped working, took 2 months to get a replacement pair. 

Mainly want to use them for walking to class or on the bus. Would these be durable enough for that? I can get the Turbine's for $39.95 and the Tour's for $49.95. Mainly for Rock, jazz, hip hop. 

EDIT: I also was thinking I could get these and a squaretrade warranty if they are worth those prices.

Get the turbines.  

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #37 of 47

From your personal experience? Or they are better for my application?
Quote:
Quote:

Get the turbines.  

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #38 of 47

Quote:
From your personal experience? Or they are better for my application?
Quote:
Quote:

Get the turbines.  

I havn't tried the tours, but I use the turbines for the exact same thing and their durable enough. also, I hear that the turbines sound better than the tours. Lastly, where are you buying the earphone from that their prices are so low? usually turbines that are being sold for that cheap are fakes.

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #40 of 47
Jul 20, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #41 of 47
I have all three of the turbines, grey ones, golds, and coppers.  All purchased from amazon new.  I am not a fan of them.  They will sound great compared to your skull candy headphones.  there are a ton of fake monster headphones out there.

I think the copper and gold headphones come with a lifetime warranty.

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #43 of 47
Yeah, I tend to do that...waste of money.  I got pretty good deals through amazon, and i read the reviews so i thought i would like them.   It was pretty stupid of me.  My next set will probably be from westone.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #44 of 47

Quote:
Yeah, I tend to do that...waste of money.  I got pretty good deals through amazon, and i read the reviews so i thought i would like them.   It was pretty stupid of me.  My next set will probably be from westone.

I'm curious, what source were you using and what did you not like about them?  Compared to....?

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #45 of 47
i was using my iphone 4 and ipad with these.   i honestly didn't even give them a fair chance and i still prefer my shures and triplefis.  to be honest, they sounded great, but i didn't like the fit and feel of any of them.

i have a listing to sell my coppers and i will sell the others too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back