Monster Turbine - Sennheiser & UE Bi-Flange tips
Apr 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rip N' Burn

Headphoneus Supremus
I was recently experimenting with different tips from other iems and noticed a significant change in sound signature when I used the Sennheiser and UE Bi-Flange tips. It has more airiness and much wider soundstage. I wonder if this is due to the larger openings at the end of the tips and more shallow insertion. Has anybody else tried these tips on their Turbines? What are your impressions?

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 3
Yeah, that's how it works. The Senn bi-flanges will give everything a larger soundstage. The bi-flange( if long enough) will help to bring mids forward slightly. I can hear the difference between the two for soundstage, the Senn is larger.

Never had the Turbines though. I did try both on UE's, Phonaks, RE0's , etc. They work the same way on all though not automatically better since fit and comfort differ. Senn works for the Phonak while the UE bi-flange not so much. The sound bouncing off the greater surface area inside the UE tip does change some things more than the very short Senn tip.

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that's how it works. The Senn bi-flanges will give everything a larger soundstage. The bi-flange( if long enough) will help to bring mids forward slightly. I can hear the difference between the two for soundstage, the Senn is larger.

Never had the Turbines though. I did try both on UE's, Phonaks, RE0's , etc. They work the same way on all though not automatically better since fit and comfort differ. Senn works for the Phonak while the UE bi-flange not so much. The sound bouncing off the greater surface area inside the UE tip does change some things more than the very short Senn tip.

Thanks for the info. How the sound signature is changed by using different tips, I took for granted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back