Monster Turbine Pro Gold is it worth upgrading to Miles Davis Tribute?
Jul 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #16 of 20
Still burning in, I have to say far so far I do like them. At first I was thinking there was way too much bass, but I think I had them over inserted which was causing a bit of ear fatigue and making some genres sound a bit dark.

I am wearing them a little differently now, not pushed all the way in. They do sound really good. Much clearer vocals than the MTPG, better tone not as warm but everything is clear, clearer than the MTPG.

We'll see if they get better with burn in over the next few days.

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #17 of 20
Starting to change my mind a bit on these. They are tiring to listen to after a while. The MTPG are much easier on the ears not as extreme as the MDs. For every day use I am considering sticking with the golds.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #19 of 20
So i returned the MDs for refund, Will keep the golds and maybe try the coppers if i find a good price.

I think you made the right choice, I never liked MDT's, they were far to warm which came across as muffled sound. It was like listening to a signature with a smoke haze over the top, to me it was dull. The bass was ok, though still very cloudy. I don't understand what people see in them really, especially at their price point. IMO.

I much prefer regular Turbines over MDT.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #20 of 20
Personally I did like the bass thump, but the I found the high end and mids were muffled as a result. The highs were particularly painful to listen to sometimes.

They did sound much crisper when listening to flac though, maybe they were just too clear for sources like spotify (which i use most of the time). The MTPG seem to be a much better choice for long listening and sources like spotify. They sound much smoother not as harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back