Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jan 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #1,741 of 1,752
  It's the fact the adapter was not designed for the TRRS plug (a few things designed for 3.5mm TRS dont work well with TRRS headsets in general - depends where they put their ground pin)

I used a small 3.5mm to 3.5mm extension cable and problem solved for me.

what you said is prob true but like i said, i tried about 4 1/4 adapters not just the one that comes with it, and none of them made a difference.
and just the fact that this is priced around $350, i was expecting they could have designed it better.
but i guess i can live with that trick that i discovered and still get stereo out from it.

on the other hand.... this booted mid range is just killing me.
cannot use it without bringing those mids down.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #1,742 of 1,752
what you said is prob true but like i said, i tried about 4 1/4 adapters not just the one that comes with it, and none of them made a difference.
and just the fact that this is priced around $350, i was expecting they could have designed it better.
but i guess i can live with that trick that i discovered and still get stereo out from it.

on the other hand.... this booted mid range is just killing me.
cannot use it without bringing those mids down.

Sounds like maybe the Turbine Pro Coppers aren't the IEMs for you?

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #1,743 of 1,752
Seems to be that case. Was hoping it will be my endgame cans.
Still burning in with my custom U shaped whitenoise but it prob won't change much in the end.

Don't get me wrong. Once I EQed out those freq I really liked them. Great separation, quality bass, smoothness across mid to mid-high freqencirs, and that big headroom.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #1,744 of 1,752
There are two pairs of adapters, out of the one million included with the these IEMs, that actually fit my ears. When I found them, it completely changed the sound of the Turbine Pro Coppers for the better. Much more precise and tighter sound with a proper seal. I don't know that I would have paid $350 for them, but my local Best Buy price matched them to $65, so they were well worth it.

May 18, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #1,745 of 1,752
i would love to buy these from you ive been wanting these for quite a while i looked them up a while back and they have been discontinued i wanted to try these out cause i have looked everywhere for them from ebay amazon etc i wanted to try these out please reply thank you 

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,746 of 1,752
I can't believe that I was able to buy a pair of new in box Coppers!! I'm due to receive them in the 9th. I've them before and loved them. It will be interesting to see how they compare to my Cardas EM5813 and DITA Audio Answer (Truth Edition) iem's. I would suspect that they will fall right in the middle.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,747 of 1,752
Wow doe the Copper Pro sound o smooth and extended!! It's less detailed than my DITA Audio Answer/Truths but has a similar tonality for less than a 1/4 of the price. More impressions to come.

Nov 26, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #1,748 of 1,752
How's the durability on these nowadays?

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,750 of 1,752
I need to post some pics with impressions of my Copper Pros here. Definitely cool that it’s still going

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #1,752 of 1,752
Teflon is stiffer and not such a great idea for headphone cables.

I read that it could contribute to the oxidation of the copper with time and use, but some people have told me others. Proceed with caution, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back