Monster Turbine Gold Sounds terrible, fake?
Aug 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

monsterask

New Head-Fier
I lost my ordinarie Monster Turbine and I loved them so much so I tought I could upgrade and got the Turbine Gold.
But so far Im really disappointed.
Heres the thing, the bass is really good and powerful, the highs are good but the mids, the mids sound really bad. They are muddy, no detail or texture whatsoever and sounds much much worse than ordinarie Turbine. And the overall sound is "drier" and less dynamic.

So heres my question. Bad mids, is it part of the sound signature? like you have to sacrifice the mids for good bass? Or have I got fake ones or something.... They do not look fake. The only thing that made me suspicious is that the box is made of velvet and I havent seen that anywhere else.

Maybe I also should tell that I listened to my ordinarie Turbines with my cowon j3, but I lost that too. Ordered a new one and Im still waiting, and so far I have been listening to my turbine golds connected  to my macbook...and the burning time is around 20 hours. But like I said, the mids are so bad so I tought it can not be the macbook sounding bad....

So wait and connect them to cowon and more burn in or have I got fake ones and I should return them?

(sorry if my english is not the best)

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Where you bought them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back