Monster Turbine Copper combined with FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier.
Oct 27, 2011 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ilmenaglar

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone has used this combined with the Coppers. Is it worth it? Will it boost up my bass by any chance? Or is there any other amplifier that is even better than this one?

Thanks

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 16
E5 is decent, but I can understand why people find it useless. the improvements are VERY minimal.
The new Fiio E6 however, is a much improved version and I highly recommend it. And it's pretty much the same price!

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #5 of 16
i just noticed there's even a e11! didnt know, i can afford this one, i suppose it must be better than the previous ones. I think i can afford a max a $100 i dont know which amp could be my best option.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #6 of 16
Fiio E11 or E10 are recommended.

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 16
Not sure what kind of improvement an amp will make with them.  They don't really need one, they're very efficient ear phones.  An amp would improve low-volume listening but I don't see a huge difference being made.

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 16
Yeah hehehe I love the coppers, dont get me wrong =). But still, i dont know, before the coppers i had the vanillas, and they had more bass power, i really miss that. And i heard the coppers are a little weak with the mids, so i wanted to see if the amp could help me get that bass of the vanillas back and pump up the mids ^ ^  

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #10 of 16
See if you can trade "down" to the Golds.  They have more bass compared to the Coppers.  That's what I own, I listen to mostly electronic and they're great.

Oct 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 16
If you want more bass and emphasized mids, then you'll love the Miles Davis Tributes. Seriously, what you just described that you want is the Miles Davis Tributes.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #12 of 16
really? But I ask around and they told me the Coppers had better bass than the Golds O.o Well, i probably asked the wrong guys lol.  When i bought the Coppers the MD weren't in the market. But when i read the reviews i was sad that i didnt wait a little longer. But still, i asked around and i think is was you selenium or someone else i dont remember that told me that the MD has a slow bass. which wasnt going to work for me because i like Metal and very fast bass punching music. Or is it that you compared enough to notice the MD are now better than the coppers for metal?? Do the MD's have more punchier bass than the golds then?

And now that you say MD's, now we have the trumphets, so, do the MDT have better bass than the Trumphets??

thank guys

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 16
I recommend a Digizoid Zo 2 for $100.
It's hard to explain but it enhances bass response in variable levels without altering the rest of the spectrum and acts as a decent portable amp as well.

This demo on their website gives you and idea of what effect it the Zo has. It is an analogue optimisation and can't really be properly emulated with software but it gives you an idea. http://www.digizoid.com/invest/smartvektor_recording_demo.mp3

There is a significant following of the Zo and Zo 2 on these forums.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/574126/the-zo2-has-landed-digizoid-accepting-pre-orders#post_7794136

Really getting on the hype train now >_>, but please do at least consider it before you buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back