Monster Tron T1
Jan 2, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #136 of 193
What I dont understand is how monster can get the comfort right in almost all their sets, and fail so hard with overall sound quality, but a lot of the expensive audiophile grade sets are about as comfortable as getting punched in the ear.  

Seal.

And I assume you're mainly talking about Grados? It's the way sound works. It's so close to your ear so mids and treble travel to your ear the way they do. And the driver is tuned to supplement that.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #137 of 193

Quote:
Quote:
What I dont understand is how monster can get the comfort right in almost all their sets, and fail so hard with overall sound quality, but a lot of the expensive audiophile grade sets are about as comfortable as getting punched in the ear.  

Seal.

And I assume you're mainly talking about Grados? It's the way sound works. It's so close to your ear so mids and treble travel to your ear the way they do. And the driver is tuned to supplement that.

no, grado is included but Im not mainly talking about them or singling them out

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #138 of 193
beyers dt770s sound much better, overall and bass wise, and they are one of the most comfortable pairs ive ever had the pleasure to try on. well compared to the beats. obviously idk about these

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #142 of 193
No, but they are still a Monster product so I am sure you can expect the same low quality over priced junk that you get with the Beats...but with flashing lights.

Quote:
But the trons aren't beats by dre. Are they?

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #143 of 193
I dont think monster has made a full sized headphone without Dre, and the Pro Coppers and Gold, as well as Mr. Miles Davis would like to have a word with you about calling them junk lol.  They are still excellent earbuds.   I am hoping Dre had nothing to do with these, as they are Disney branded.  Im not really defending monster, I'm not happy about the majority of their services and products, but this is their first full size set that is not a Beats line and I hope they turn out to be at least decent gaming headphones.  There are a host of popular headphones that are big name brands but still suck, and are incredibly overpriced.  But, they still sell.

I trust DISNEY to make better products than i do Dr. Dre lol 

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #144 of 193
At least being branded by Disney you can expect the toy like product with quality to match. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #145 of 193
i would buy a pair if they were $100.  I loved the original tron :]

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #147 of 193
God I want these, the Daft Punk version is just mindblowingly cool.

PS people buy beats because of how many celebrities use em. Anyone who's famous and wears headphones, you can make a safe bet they're Beats. NBA, K-pop, etcetc

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #148 of 193

Quote:
God I want these, the Daft Punk version is just mindblowingly cool.

PS people buy beats because of how many celebrities use em. Anyone who's famous and wears headphones, you can make a safe bet they're Beats. NBA, K-pop, etcetc

0_o?....it's a recoloring of the tron headset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back