Monster Tron T1
Dec 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #78 of 193
Funny the same thing happened to me with my Shure SE530s, maybe that's something they have in common with Monster, I only had them for half a year.

Quote:
Back before I really knew what a set of cans should sound like I had some in ear beats. The things broke and when i sent them in monster lost them. So i just really dont like monster. I paid to much for them to break and sound like they did. Then they lost my phones.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #79 of 193

Quote:
Back before I really knew what a set of cans should sound like I had some in ear beats. The things broke and when i sent them in monster lost them. So i just really dont like monster. I paid to much for them to break and sound like they did. Then they lost my phones.

You do realize any company could do this, right? It's happened to me a few times, and sure, I was peeved, but we're only human, and I'm not the only person in the world. I just brush it aside if there really is nothing else I can do, and the CS tried to help. And you're going to hate a company without much reason (Okay, $150 lost, big deal. If it really is a big enough deal for you to boycott Monster, you should probably reconsider being in this hobby. Sure, $150 is $150, but seriously.) and disregard any valid counterpoints and continue making mostly useless posts? It's crazy to voluntarily be blind to everything about a company just because of an accident, because they can make good products regardless. I honestly think that Monster made the Turbine series to gain some respect. You can't make good sounding headphones on accident. And the review pairs they gave out earlier this year adds to my hypothesis.
And what about Sony? At any given time, they usually only have 7 nice sounding headphones (like now, they have the Z1000, PFR V1, is the F1 still in production? CD900ST, V6, EX1000, XB500/700) compared to the probable hundred crap sounding ones they have. The Turbine series and MD's sound good. Technically 2 lines (Well, the MD's don't use the Turbine housing.), not one.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #80 of 193

Quote:
Quote:

You do realize any company could do this, right? It's happened to me a few times, and sure, I was peeved, but we're only human, and I'm not the only person in the world. I just brush it aside if there really is nothing else I can do, and the CS tried to help. And you're going to hate a company without much reason (Okay, $150 lost, big deal. If it really is a big enough deal for you to boycott Monster, you should probably reconsider being in this hobby. Sure, $150 is $150, but seriously.) and disregard any valid counterpoints and continue making mostly useless posts? It's crazy to voluntarily be blind to everything about a company just because of an accident, because they can make good products regardless. I honestly think that Monster made the Turbine series to gain some respect. You can't make good sounding headphones on accident. And the review pairs they gave out earlier this year adds to my hypothesis.
And what about Sony? At any given time, they usually only have 7 nice sounding headphones (like now, they have the Z1000, PFR V1, is the F1 still in production? CD900ST, V6, EX1000, XB500/700) compared to the probable hundred crap sounding ones they have. The Turbine series and MD's sound good. Technically 2 lines (Well, the MD's don't use the Turbine housing.), not one.

I think the OP is peeved mainly because customer service didn't come to his aide and left him $150 less

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #81 of 193
WORSE EXPERIENCE FOR ME EVER....

I got two beats studio as presents, (red and white one) and then one of the red cable broke......no sound coming out.

I tried to get them to fix it for me....

they tried giving me a hard time about where I brought it.

told them I got it as a gift......

second.....they made go find the receipt for it. and ask my friends how much they paid....(they thought I wanted to return it) 

they brought it from a secondary source from amazon. (which is not a dealer apparently even though it's a legit headphone, and was registered)

so I can't even get my red cable fix, even though both my products were clearly registered online...... 

ANYONE CAN HELP ME? 

What I can do next? 

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #82 of 193

Quote:
WORSE EXPERIENCE FOR ME EVER....

I got two beats studio as presents, (red and white one) and then one of the red cable broke......no sound coming out.

I tried to get them to fix it for me....

they tried giving me a hard time about where I brought it.

told them I got it as a gift......

second.....they made go find the receipt for it. and ask my friends how much they paid....(they thought I wanted to return it) 

they brought it from a secondary source from amazon. (which is not a dealer apparently even though it's a legit headphone, and was registered)

so I can't even get my red cable fix, even though both my products were clearly registered online...... 

ANYONE CAN HELP ME? 

What I can do next? 

okay...return the phones to the amazon seller, and ask him/her to fight the warranty for you...if they're registered, then they're are real, that means the seller (hopefully the original buyer) has the receipt on hand.

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #85 of 193

Quote:
nah I asked the dealer and he said he brought it for black friday special. and he lost the receipt....omg this is turning out to be a nightmare. 

What? First, this does not sound like a dealer at all. And this is why you do your research before buying something. Don't buy from unauthorized dealers and always have/print out a copy of the receipt.
And if you get a present as a gift and it breaks, every company wants the original receipt still. It's always been like that.

Registering online doesn't have any meaning or value. 

If anything, because of Monster's volume of sales, it would make sense for them to have more accidents or the like than the audiophile brands, not that I like Monster.

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #86 of 193
I dunno... they seem to be marketing them as gaming headphones, it's possible they're usb. Either that or I  see a lot of unlit Tron T1's in the future. How many people are actually going to care enough to go buy a new battery? And you have to flick a switch to turn on the lights? :p You'd know anyone walking down the street with some lit Trons is just showin' off :p.

Oh, and to everyone saying don't assume they're going to be bad just because they're monster... I see where you're coming from, but you have to think about monster's intentions with this headphones. They're trying to market themselves to gamers and they seem to be more worried about image than practicality (just look at the LEDs), more similar of Beats marketing than Turbines marketing. I agree we don't know for certain that they sound bad, but I feel it's a pretty safe assumption until they actually come out.

Quote:
maybe a single AA battery

Quote:
If they light up does that mean they are usb headphones?

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #87 of 193
I love sony's products just that whole thing with monster really just set me off.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #88 of 193
monster did come out with some highly rated headphones (by headfiers) and those were the turbine series and the miles davis tributes as well

Quote:
I love sony's products just that whole thing with monster really just set me off.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #89 of 193
I know about the turbines and I keep getting told they are good. Its just they sell the beats for the same price. Its messed up but oh well.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #90 of 193
different strokes for different folks, gotta hand it to them, being able to pull off such a successful marketing campaign

Quote:
I know about the turbines and I keep getting told they are good. Its just they sell the beats for the same price. Its messed up but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back