Monoprice Stage Right Rookie Review
Mar 25, 2018 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xophere

New Head-Fier
I had these for about 3 weeks. I sent them back. I tried them with the brainwaves sheepskin XL and with the brainwaves hybrid synthetic pad. The image is the XL's with the stock pads next to them. The stock pads where just small for my ears but otherwise great. The XL didn't fit the can's well. I was able to dampen the high treble with some tissue behind the pad. But in the end I decided I liked my Retro's better and wanted to try something else. I found them sibilant but not painfully so. Just not my preference. The construction is great for the price. If the stock pads had worked I would have kept them. Once someone who has more experienced ears looks at addressing the brightness I could easily buy them again. I think for someone who really likes very clear highs they could be a great option. I would say that nothing was missing in the sound and if not for the sibilant aspect I would have kept them. The pads and headband where very high grade and soft but not memory foam.

My gear includes:
Vanatoo T0's in my living room
KZ ZS6
VE Monk, IE Biggie, IE Small
Koss KS75's
SMSL M3
Schiit Modi 2

Attachments

• 20180313_162632.jpg
    20180313_162632.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 0
Mar 26, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 6
My LG v30 said sub 50 Ohm I did force it to go high and then used them with it. I didn't notice anything missing. So I think the reviews that say neutral with a bit more on the highs then I liked. Not v-shaped in my mind. I liked the sound generally but just a little bright for my ears. I am hoping someone who has heard more stuff reviews them. Worth the risk of return shipping in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back