Monoprice Portable THX AAA Amplifier
Mar 29, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 191
Not a thing.

Although, taking a look at what seems to be the key information,
it's almost Class A, has very low distortion of all types, etc.etc.
-- the same stuff I've been reading from audio companies for 20+ years

Nonetheless, I'd keep an open mind and be more than willing to give it a listen

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #6 of 191
Zeos has it in his recced list.

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 191
Looks interesting but im not sure how long it lasts. The optical is a nice touch but who uses that on the go...?

Apr 5, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #9 of 191
I just pulled the trigger on one after watching Z reviews I have a dragonfly red but wanted more ommph for my Abbys Diana and Ether Cx
I never believed the dragonfly usbs could ever do much. You're better off with this proper amp. Ypu wont regret it.

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #10 of 191
Will be waiting for your impressions on it!
@Tsukuyomi actually, the Red is pretty damn nice. It's been winning the under $500 DAC/Amp not for nothing.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #12 of 191
Wow really nice it drove my Ether Cx and Diana wonderfully - plenty of power left- clean sounding- and with the added bonus of a nice Peq- and crossfeed option - very well done- the volume is really cool With very minute adjustments. Caveat I will just use this by my bedside and around the house - I just wanted to use my good headphones outside my desktop- thumbs up

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #13 of 191
D
Wow really nice it drove my Ether Cx and Diana wonderfully - plenty of power left- clean sounding- and with the added bonus of a nice Peq- and crossfeed option - very well done- the volume is really cool With very minute adjustments. Caveat I will just use this by my bedside and around the house - I just wanted to use my good headphones outside my desktop- thumbs up
Does the sound rival a desktop setup? The only portable I've heard that does is the Hugo 2.

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #14 of 191
Yeah, would love to know about that as well.

Apr 10, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #15 of 191
I just ordered one of these. Was curious about it since it came out. I’ve got a Burson Playmate in my hands now and can compare it to that (which is generally price equivalent). The Burson sounds great, so I’m curious how they stack up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back