Monoprice 8323 vs Panasonic RP HTX7 vs Incipio NX-103 f38
Jan 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fayz

New Head-Fier
First post post ever! I am looking for some help on finding a good pair of headphones for movies/tv shows. I listen to music also, but I watch way more than I listen to music. I am trying to find over the ear type of headphones for $50 and below.  

I was thinking about the Monoprice 8323, Panasonic RP HTX7, and Incipio NX-103 f38. 

I wanted the sound quality and comfort (because I'd be wearing them for a long period of time) to be the best possible for the money. I am not too good with modding and so I was hoping I could find advice on the best SQ and comfort. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 4
Welcome to head-fi
Sorry for your wallet. 

Neither of those are known for been particularly comfortable, but people here tend to mention Monoprice often and that one would be my choice, but all should have the same ratio quality/price. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Monoprice for sure. Mods: Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Pads, Monoprice Mobile Cable, Replacement Headband Pad. All can be found on Amazon.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 4
My first ever pair were the panasonic HTX7.  I bought them in red, but then plasti-dip sprayed them to be black, haha.  They are pretty comfortable, but ears get hot and where the headband rests on my head would hurt after hours.  Also, they have a pretty narrow soundstand (closed-in feeling sound).  Bass is okay.  I'd say its a pretty good can for a first if you are on a tight budget or don't want to spend much.

I would suggest something else that is not in your list, however, but is in the same price range.  Look into the Koss pro DJ100. They can be had for $40 sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back