Monolith M650 and M600 new open back dynamic headphones from Monoprice
Apr 5, 2018 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

FastAndClean

Previously known as presata
It seem like a poor man HD650 and HD600 to me.
Available 31 of may
308652.jpg
308651.jpg
Monolith M650 Open Back Over Ear Headphones
The Monolith™ M650 has been engineered from the ground up to provide the kind of quality that is the hallmark of the Monolith series of audio products. Featuring a newly engineered 50mm beryllium dynamic driver in an open back design, the M650 excels at spacious imaging, smooth midrange, and detailed highs. The M650 features a larger earcup than the M600, offering more bass and a larger soundstage than its smaller cousin. Comfort was not an afterthought, as the lightweight headphones feature a padded headband and come with both velour and leather ear pads for sustained comfort during long listening sessions.

50mm Driver: The Monolith M650 utilizes a stiff and lightweight 50mm beryllium metal driver. This enables the headphone to deliver accurate and balanced sound. Each driver has been tuned to deliver maximum dynamics, clear midrange, and detailed highs for the ultimate sonic experience.

Open Back Design: The open back design creates an open, accurate, and natural soundscape. The soundstage is generally wider in presence and it feels as if you are in the middle of a live performance. Instead of an "inside your head", isolated experience that traditional closed-back headphones provide, open-back headphones provide a holographic listening experience.

Comfortable Ear Pads: The M650 comes with two sets of ear pads in both leather and velour styles. Both have been created with comfort in mind and can be swapped out, depending on your preference. The Monolith M650 is engineered to fit securely over your head, providing sustained comfort during long listening sessions.v

Design: Open Back
Transducer Type: Dynamic
Driver Size: 50mm
Frquency Response: 15-20,000Hz
Impedence: 64 ohms
Sensitivity: 100dB
Cable Length: 2M

308642.jpg
308641.jpg

Monolith M600 Open Back Over Ear Headphones
The Monolith™ M600 has been engineered from the ground up to provide the kind of quality that is the hallmark of the Monolith series of audio products. Featuring a newly engineered 50mm beryllium dynamic driver in an open back design, the M600 excels at spacious imaging, smooth midrange, and detailed highs. Comfort was not an afterthought, as the lightweight headphones feature a padded headband and come with both velour and leather ear pads for sustained comfort during long listening sessions.

50mm Driver: The Monolith™ M600 utilizes a stiff and lightweight 50mm beryllium metal driver. This enables the headphone to deliver accurate and balanced sound. Each driver has been tuned to deliver maximum dynamics, clear midrange, and detailed highs for the ultimate sonic experience.

Open Back Design: The open back design creates an open, accurate, and natural soundscape. The soundstage is generally wider in presence and it feels as if you are in the middle of a live performance. Instead of an "inside your head", isolated experience that traditional closed-back headphones provide, open-back headphones provide a holographic listening experience.

Comfortable Ear Pads: The M600 comes with two sets of ear pads in both leather and velour styles. Both have been created with comfort in mind and can be swapped out, depending on your preference. The Monolith M600 is engineered to fit securely over your head, providing sustained comfort during long listening sessions.

Design: Open Back
Transducer Type: Dynamic
Driver Size: 50mm
Frequency Response: 20-20,0000Hz
Impedence: 64 ohms
Sensitivity: 98 dB

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #4 of 37
...but they were at CanJam SoCal this year, but I guess they didn't make enough of an impression for people to share theirs. :p

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 37
Jun 7, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #8 of 37
Jun 7, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #9 of 37
I've posted an impression on /r/headphones https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8p7ct5/monolith_m650_early_impressions_and_comparisons/

I'm pretty impressed by them overall. Their mid range is superb. Pad rolling makes a huge difference sonically. Wish there was less mid bass and more sub bass.

Good notes (spotted them on Reddit yesterday.) Care to shed some light on the pad swapping you've been mentioning? Curious as to these huge differences as the swap to ZMF Ori perforated corrected my personal preference shortcomings on the 4XX to a T.

Jun 7, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #10 of 37
I had some old velour pads when I used to own a MDR-V6. They elevated the high mids to low treble range, bringing in a welcome width in soundstage and subdued the mid bass nicely bring in a balanced low end with good detail. Once I get my angled HM5 hybrid and velour pads, I'll add in more thoughts on them.

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #11 of 37
Brainwavz velour angled pads: Very very sweet and warm sound. Well spaced soundstage and improved imaging. Mids remain the highlight of these headphones. Very natural timber with detailed and textured vocals. Mid bass is toned down which allows the sub bass to breathe nicely. It's my personal and probably unpopular opinion that these have a superior audio reproduction to the HD6XX in about every aspect with these pads. A laid back and truly pleasant listen, this is what I expected from the HD6XX when I bought them. Still not the fastest in terms of transient response but gives it a warm, gooey yet detailed sound signature.

Brainwavz hybrid angled pads: Vocals are a touch harsher with these. Bass has more impact than the velour. A slightly more aggressive and tighter sound overall. Better for metal and EDM.

Overall, these are wonderful sounding headphones with a pad swap. The headband is too big though, they fit on just the 2nd click from the shortest size out of 11 for me and I have a 61 cm head circumference.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #13 of 37
@PockyG you don't happen to have pictures on whats inside of the headphones? Those resemble bosshifi b7 which also have beryllium coated drivers. By The looks of it the oem is same. I'm just curious about the driver because B7 cost only $60.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #14 of 37
https://imgur.com/a/i7PlhJJ They appear to be covered by filters so I can't take a closer look without voiding the warranty. The headband looks identical though. I wouldn't be completely shocked if the drivers were the same.

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #15 of 37
Baffle structure is different than on b7. And of course monoprices are fully open. Even If The drivers are the same sound will Be very different from b7 and so the higher price might be ok. I own two headphones (msur n550 & bosshifi b7) that have the beryllium coated driver. It is very capable driver so these monoprices might be really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back