Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Mar 16, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #946 of 1,015
I am 100% onboard with cheap aliexpress hybrid pads and the hack @robertom described earlier in this thread.

*edit: Roberto is this trick something you've used on other pads before? New pads = bloated bass. Cut some holes = reduced bloat?

actually no, but I did try the reverse before on another headphone (adding bass by sealing velour sides on a pair of pads). Anyway, I think you also need a little luck, since the holes have to lower the range you need to lower, and this (almost) happens in this specific case.

Mar 18, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #947 of 1,015
I am 100% onboard with cheap aliexpress hybrid pads and the hack @robertom described earlier in this thread.

*edit: Roberto is this trick something you've used on other pads before? New pads = bloated bass. Cut some holes = reduced bloat?
It's along the same idea of using fenestrated leather vs solid. The holes reduce bass reflection, and thus lower bass response. The ideal trick is to only make a few holes and then add more until you get a good bass response, or you muck it up too much and start over with a fresh set. :)

Or buy fenestrated leather pads. Or hybrids. My Dekoni Hybrids have solid outside leather, velour against the skin, and fenestrated in the core.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #948 of 1,015
Well I can report back that the Dekoni Elite pads are extremely close to the 1570 stock pads, enough that I'd call them a good replacement. The difference is that the Dekoni's have that adhesive ring on them and the "lip" of material that slips onto the headphones is a bit stiffer and perhaps thicker. I did not fully slide that "lip" onto my 1570's as I'm going to return them and didn't want to disturb the adhesive tape too much. I would assume, though, with a bit of work it will fit.

FYI I'm returning them because they're so similar. The foam inside feels slightly stiffer on the Dekoni's. I picked them up in hopes they were different enough they might yield an improvement with the ear pain I've been experiencing. No such luck.

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #950 of 1,015
Monoprice, discount the Liquid Gold like that, too, you cowards

Apr 2, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #951 of 1,015
mlp_m1570.jpg

SMSL M300 MKII -> Monolith AWG16 Premium XLR Interconnects -> Monolith Liquid Platinum -> Monolith XLR to mini-XLR -> Monolith M1570

This amp has some serious slap across the whole FR.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #954 of 1,015
These have been compared against the HE6se v2, let alone other HFM. :) cue @hottyson
I'm going to leave the XS in the box and I've ordered the M1570. I baby my headphones and my K7XX just broke and bought the Edition XS since it seemed like a great deal. AKG sent me free elastic and i've 3d printed the parts I need to fix the K7XX. If I like the M1570 and i'm okay with the weight i'm going to keep it and send the Edition XS back.
I got a great deal on the edition XS though so it'll be hard :O

Apr 10, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #955 of 1,015
Apr 10, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #956 of 1,015
I just noticed that Adorama has all the HifiMan's on closeout, and they're almost all gone. Seeing they are HFM's US authorized dealer, I guess they won't be anymore. No more $450 HE6se v2's...

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #957 of 1,015
Apr 20, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #958 of 1,015
How does the M1570 compare to the HE6SE v2?
You can search the history of this thread discussing this: @hottyson did a nice comparo of the two, and states that the M1570 comes close to the HE6se v2 on a fully decked out setup to drive the HE6se v2 properly. Diminishing returns definitely at play here.

The M1570 driven by my Cavelli Liquid Platinum is a killer combo, especially with Oratory1990's Harman Target EQ.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #959 of 1,015
Has anyone having an intermittent issue with their m1570 cans? My left can is intermittently going silent after a move our touch. I can restore it back after squeezing the can, usually the center. I have no idea what is going on. It is definitely not an issue with the cabling or connection because switching cables did not make a difference.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #960 of 1,015
Has anyone having an intermittent issue with their m1570 cans? My left can is intermittently going silent after a move our touch. I can restore it back after squeezing the can, usually the center. I have no idea what is going on. It is definitely not an issue with the cabling or connection because switching cables did not make a difference.
Well I guess you're about to find out how seriously Monoprice takes the 5 year warranty.

Keep us posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back