Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions
May 14, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #496 of 1,409
May 14, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #497 of 1,409
Funny I was looking at graphs response on the discord channel and I found 2 very similar frequency responses between the LCD4 and Monolith 1060. I don't know if they share similar sound flavor for real. Anyone heard both and have an opinion about this?

output.png

May 15, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #500 of 1,409
@omegaorgun can you give an example of the athletic tape you used? Also, what were the changes/improvements post mod?

Athletic tape
Felt
Compass cutter

I found it less nasally, sound stage widened and it seemed to be not right behind the ears and more forward like mid to front lower side corner (hope I didn't mix up my left and right XD).

I should have left stock pads on as the vegans have an impact too. I might go back to 105mm lambskin leathers. I also ordered a Chinese headband that will it the pilot pad. It's a work in progress :wink:.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #501 of 1,409
Having so much fun with this, it sometimes comes across bright but overall it's great can't keep them off my head. Has anyone else got the Vegan pads.

May 16, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #504 of 1,409
Doubt it, the fazor is slightly larger on the M1060C

May 17, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #505 of 1,409
Hi Guys

I put back in the larger felt with my little mod, it softened up the highs and sounds more relaxed when it's back in and will be brighter without.

https://imgur.com/a/bxSl5tv

May 17, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #509 of 1,409
We really need someone to make an affordable knock off vegan pad for the droves of M1060/C owners. Even Audeze has stopped making them. Their "leather free" option is now pleather (the same pad they use the LCD-2C). :thumbsdown:
The suede Eikon pads are close but they don't offer quite the same sound and they are pricey.

May 17, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #510 of 1,409
We really need someone to make an affordable knock off vegan pad for the droves of M1060/C owners. Even Audeze has stopped making them. Their "leather free" option is now pleather (the same pad they use the LCD-2C). :thumbsdown:
The suede Eikon pads are close but they don't offer quite the same sound and they are pricey.

I will be getting a test sample for a suede next week which I think is 105mm. I will keep ya'll posted on that. Bad thing about the vegan is they use paint on the inside so when you take it off it rips off the paint.

The final part of my tuning will be oversized doggie treats aka 1.5mm black felt cut with my circle cutter just to tame some of the brightness and I think it'll be close to perfect for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back