Modified usage of Super.fi 5pro
Dec 8, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #271 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't see the image in the first post.

since HF went down afew weeks ago, all attachments were lost.

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #276 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolinsword36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My SF5P cracked from the headphone trying to do this mod. The clear plastic spacer is now stuck to the plastic base and the sound cuts out.

That SHOULD NOT happen. I use mine flip flopped everyday, and am less careful with them than i should be.

E-mail UE, they have great customer service.

Dec 27, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #278 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by jewman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by genesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to line the ridges on the wires and the driver when doing the FS mod.

But recently I reversed the position of the ridges such that the ridges are opposite to each other and found the clarity is slightly better and the bass does not overpower the rest of the spectrum as much.

I think everyone should try this and post their opinions. I definitely feel that the sound is better that way rather than aligning the ridges.

Anyone tried this till now?

I tried this with my sf3 and call it placebo, but I actually did notice slightly better clarity and tighter bass. Thanks for the tip
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think it's placebo. It really gets better bass and more clarity. You can definitly hear a difference this way! *WOW*

SF5P here.

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #280 of 296
Quote:

So when doing the FS mod, NOT lining up the ridges is better and is the *proper* way of doing it?

um..ya..i want to know too.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #281 of 296
Quote:

So when doing the FS mod, NOT lining up the ridges is better and is the *proper* way of doing it?

Line up the ridges, to prevent in-phase and out-phase. Enjoy.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #282 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by hierobryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um..ya..i want to know too.

Line the ridges, to prevent in-phase and out-phase. Enjoy

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #283 of 296
I have to shout out a big thank you for bringing this mod to my attention. Had no thoughts whatsoever about a mod like this. And I do have to say it´s pretty fantastic, has changed my SF5P totally for me. A little less bassy, but much more detail in the mid and highs. Also now I actually get a good fit right away, the usual business with them used to be wiggleing them around in my ears for about 10 minutes until I got a good fit, and sometimes I didn´t even get a good fit at all, no matter how much I wiggled and tried.

So yet again, thank you.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #285 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKvC-SainT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to shout out a big thank you for bringing this mod to my attention. Had no thoughts whatsoever about a mod like this. And I do have to say it´s pretty fantastic, has changed my SF5P totally for me. A little less bassy, but much more detail in the mid and highs. Also now I actually get a good fit right away, the usual business with them used to be wiggleing them around in my ears for about 10 minutes until I got a good fit, and sometimes I didn´t even get a good fit at all, no matter how much I wiggled and tried.

So yet again, thank you.

Glad you like it, now go crazy with your music collection. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back