Mix2Stix, awesome app for music selection
Feb 6, 2009 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jilgiljongiljing

Headphoneus Supremus
This is fantastic. I've wanted an app like this for such a long time. Basically, I have a huge music collection, and a tiny portable mp3 player that I use when I am driving. I'm tired of always selecting the music from the huge collection. Thats where this comes in, its a java based app that selects random files from a source folder and sub-folders and fills up a destination directory upto a fixed total size.

So now I have a completely random collection of music on my 2gb stone mp3 player, to make things more interesting, I didnt even take a look at the song names that got copied over, so now I have no clue whats gonna be on the player. For me, this is huge cos I have so much stuff that I havent heard yet or havent heard in a long time. This is the one stop solution to that issue without having to break my head.

As a bonus, since size is customizable, I can fill up say 1.5 gb of random stuff and put 500mb of stuff that I want to listen to just to make sure I have something there that I will like for sure :p

Awesome stuff. Check it out. Simple steps, pick source, pick destination, set total size limit, use file filters (mp3, add more using ";" like mp3;flac) and its Done! :cheers

Download Mix2Stix 1.1.4 - It provides a one click solution with a few comfort functions - Softpedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back