mitchb is ripping me off for $440
Aug 30, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #106 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You would think if I paid yioucash and you told paypal that would be more than sufficient,. Unfortunately, as I'm learning, it's not as simple as that. Paypal will continue attemps ar my bank account until it gets the $440 then they will put it in my balance and then slow boat it to you. It's not as easy as just paying you. I wish it was.

Yes it is as simple as that. Quit making excuses and send the man a money order already. jjhatfield has been more than kind with you. He's given you the benefit of the doubt time and time again and all you do is continue to take advantage of him.

Paypal does not operate in the manner you are portraying here, so please quit making this crap up as you go along. If you pay jjhatfield and he ends his claim against you then Paypal is NOT going to proceed to continue to try and gather those funds. Why? Because jjhatfield has ended his claim and instructed them to take note that he was finally paid by you. If by some miracle your scenario were to take place, he would send the money right back to you. It's as simple as that. Do you really think he would keep a second payment of $440 sent to him? Obviously not.

And what's this ridiculous slow boat nonsense you're talking about? Paypal doesn't work that way my friend. A transfer of money takes the same amount of time regardless of how it's made. 2-4 business days. You really aren't doing yourself any favors by continuing to fabricate stuff in order to make yourself not look like a bad guy here. All you're doing is digging yourself a deeper hole.

I repeat...owe up to YOUR mistakes and be responsible for YOUR own actions. Don't you think it's about time?

Aug 30, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #107 of 160
Wow. I just read this thread and couldn’t help but laugh. Simply ridiculous replies on mitchb’s end. You have every reason to be furious at him. He is either on major drugs or he is bi polar. I’ve heard of the wall of sound before but never a wall of text like this. I hope you get your money soon. Put down the crack pipe, take your lithium pills, and pay the man already.

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #112 of 160
mitchb, your pathetic attempts to scam Jack are not only ruining your reputation on head-fi. Check out Canuck Audio Mart :: View Forum - Fraud Warnings for example. Each day you delay, more people will find out that dealing with you is bad news.
Seriously dude, pay the man. People here know your home address, and many here are willing to put in overtime to keep this kind of fraud out of the audio community. Nobody is ganging up on you for sport - it is in all of our best interests for you to reimburse Jack every cent you stole from him.

Sep 1, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #113 of 160
Mitchb. You seriously aren't making a load of sense. Like everyone said just pay Jack his money. Jack has given you ample time to pay him back. When he felt there were no options he opened a Paypal claim against you. Also, I don't get any feeling on your end that you are sorry about what has occurred. If you were then a USPS money order or check would be in mail to Jack ASAP. Your excuses are mind boggling.

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #115 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey let's cut him some slack today. It's his birthday. *smiles weakly*

Yeah, I guess....we could always say that we meant to set his lawn on fire though to portray a giant birthday cake.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #116 of 160
I just read this post for the first time today believe it or not. Jack , I owe you an apology for all this and more so I owe you $440 or a pair of Denons which I now have. I truly am sorry I have behaved inappropriately in this matter and paying Jack his $440 is my first priority until the check is cashed and all is as it should be,. It looks like I won't be selling stereo gear much in the future but I have never been a scammer and I would hope to think that my feedback here and elsewhere would indicate that,. I will pay Jack ASAP. I'm not going to wait for paypal which is my problem not Jack's and I should have realized that sooner. To all who have posted I just have to say I admit to my inappropriate approach to this issue and Jack will be paid quickly regardless Paypal.
Once again I am sorry.
Mitch

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #117 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just read this post for the first time today believe it or not. Jack , I owe you an apology for all this and more so I owe you $440 or a pair of Denons which I now have. I truly am sorry I have behaved inappropriately in this matter and paying Jack his $440 is my first priority until the check is cashed and all is as it should be,. It looks like I won't be selling stereo gear much in the future but I have never been a scammer and I would hope to think that my feedback here and elsewhere would indicate that,. I will pay Jack ASAP. I'm not going to wait for paypal which is my problem not Jack's and I should have realized that sooner. To all who have posted I just have to say I admit to my inappropriate approach to this issue and Jack will be paid quickly regardless Paypal.
Once again I am sorry.
Mitch

Mitch, I'm just amazed by how you can banter two personalities. Are you the same person from morning to evening? Regardless, pay Jack his money. This is your last chance to salvage any credibility you have left on Head-fi.

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #119 of 160
Some potential good news: Mitch has taken the D5000s to a Denon repair center and has had the wire fixed. He has offered to mail them to me per our original agreement, and I have agreed. I'm eagerly looking forward to receiving a tracking number, and will keep everyone here and his feedback thread updated.

Sep 2, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #120 of 160
There are Denon repair centers that you can just walk into locally, and they'll repair your headphones. They have the headphone repair guy just hanging out working there? I'm having a hard time believing this. Be careful, Jack. I know something is better than nothing, but I'd take cash only at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back