Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
May 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #121 of 756
I recently received my pair of Lawton Audio Denon pads.

Put simply, they fit the HE-6 perfectly, and offer amazing comfort (very similar to LCD-2 pads). The angled aspect is a big plus, as it allows for much better seal.

The price tag might be a turnoff to some, but I prefer them to the Beyerdynamic velour pads, and to any other pads I tried.

I'll try to post a picture soon; the headphones look great with leather pads.

May 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #125 of 756
Wow thanks for the photo Ben, it looks really nice. Tell me, how did you make them fit, does one need to do any modifying? And how is the sound, is it different from the stock pads?

May 31, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #127 of 756
Add the HM5 replacement pads from Mp4 nation (make sure you order two as they sell them in singles for 8.50 each).
These sound similar to the Hi-Fiman pleather pads. However they are softer and seal better, so the bass is improved over stock (slightly).

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #128 of 756
Add the HM5 replacement pads from Mp4 nation (make sure you order two as they sell them in singles for 8.50 each).
These sound similar to the Hi-Fiman pleather pads. However they are softer and seal better, so the bass is improved over stock (slightly).

I ordered these a couple of weeks ago for my HE-500.. will report back on how they sound.

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #129 of 756
I've been using them (well the ones from FA-003) for several months now and they are excelent

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #131 of 756
Synergy is relative to your system and set up. Depending on the amp I use the Denon pads can shrink the soundstage while the LCD-2's tend to require the most amplification and sound better at louder volumes.
So far I find the HM5 pads to work best all around and bring out the bass thump without having to crank up the volume too much. But the HiFiman pleather pads are not that far behind (not surprising since the headphone was voiced using them).
This is all IMO and related to the HE-6 though.
Quote:
Is there any consensus as to which non-HFM earpads synergize well with HE500s / HE400s so far into the thread? From a glance it seems to be Lawton Denon pads and FA003 pads?

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #132 of 756
The stock Denon pads that Lawton sells at 40$ could be a good investment as well.

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #133 of 756
I'm late to the party here. Just discovered this thread. I took to using my leftover Denon D7000 pads on my HE-400 since the stock pleather didn't quite fit right on my left side for some reason. The fault is my head and not the pads.... But anyway. I had sent my D7000 in for LA7000 treatment a while back, and never used the newly stuffed pads, instead swapping in the J$ pads. So I had them just sitting there. I bet the new Lawton purpose made pads are even better, but these do wonders for the fit in my particular case. Very simple install too.

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #134 of 756
Quote:
I'm late to the party here. Just discovered this thread. I took to using my leftover Denon D7000 pads on my HE-400 since the stock pleather didn't quite fit right on my left side for some reason. The fault is my head and not the pads.... But anyway. I had sent my D7000 in for LA7000 treatment a while back, and never used the newly stuffed pads, instead swapping in the J$ pads. So I had them just sitting there. I bet the new Lawton purpose made pads are even better, but these do wonders for the fit in my particular case. Very simple install too.

any pics project? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back