Minutes away from placing my order for an SM3.
May 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

BLL00

New Head-Fier
Should I order it from amazon ??? (This is my only choice as I am an international buyer and amazon is the only place where they accept international plastic). :)

EDIT: What tips should I get along with my SM3 ?? (I listen to house musis, nujazz,acid jazz, and hiphop/rap)

May 28, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 18
come on guys I'm excited and I need to sleep (feeling sleepy). Any ear tips I can get from amazon ? I heard the comply foams make sound a bit muddy on the SM3!!

May 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 18
They come with both Complys and bi-flanges. Try them both and use the ones you like better

May 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #6 of 18
Alright, I just placed my order =]. These are my first high-end IEMs ever, and this is also the first time I spend more than $10 on one!!. I'll be getting those in about two weeks, and I'll post pictures and all that fuzz! Thank you everyone. Amazing website with so many people, point of views, and experts. Head-fi ftw!

May 28, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
These are my first high-end IEMs ever, and this is also the first time I spend more than $10 on one!!.

Isn't that a great feeling? 
biggrin.gif
 I really hope you enjoy them.

May 28, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 18

Quote:
I sure will but, do you have any advice for ear tips ? =]

I've heard positive things said about the sensorcom biflanges, as well as the phonak audeo pfe tips.

May 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #10 of 18
The Sensorcom bi-flanges tips sounded like the best tips for the SM3 to me when I owned them. Also, if this is your first IEM purchase over $10, you will be absolutely blown away by the SM3, even with stock tips and all. Let us know how they sound. Happy listening! 
o2smile.gif

Jun 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 18
Ok I have been using my SM3's for the last hour and...oh. my. goodness. I don't think I ever heard sound like this before!!!..There's depth, as in there are instruments which are far away and others which are closer, its really incredible!. For the first time, vocals and instruments don't away with the presence of Bass. Everything is there are the same time. Instruments, Bass and vocals!. I don't believe that these will improve further more with burn-in!! I mean is there even a possibility to improve any further ?!.

In short, Mind=Blown.

Thanks head-fi for helping me on my decision!

Jun 12, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
Ok I have been using my SM3's for the last hour and...oh. my. goodness. I don't think I ever heard sound like this before!!!..There's depth, as in there are instruments which are far away and others which are closer, its really incredible!. For the first time, vocals and instruments don't away with the presence of Bass. Everything is there are the same time. Instruments, Bass and vocals!. I don't believe that these will improve further more with burn-in!! I mean is there even a possibility to improve any further ?!.

In short, Mind=Blown.

Glad you're enjoying them! What tips are you using?

Jun 13, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #13 of 18

Quote:

In short, Mind=Blown.

Glad you like the Detail thus musical richness that can be heard with the SM3's whilst listening to Detailed and musically / Rhythmically rich music .

Quote:
I mean is there even a possibility to improve any further ?!.

Infinite possibilities for ears & I.E.M's to improve or not

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #15 of 18
You have picked an excellent high quality I.E.M to Begin with .

Because they don't shout out BASS
basshead.gif
! or TREBLE
basshead.gif
! ,you should get well accustomed to a generally well balanced frequency spectrum .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back