Minneapolis Meet Nov. 7, 2015
Nov 6, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #46 of 79
I don't think so. Long storyline there. We are building up a demo set right now but I'm not certain they'll be done before 5pm.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #49 of 79
Will be there. Thanks for arranging the meet! 

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #52 of 79

This was a very valuable experience for me as I had never heard any of the gear at the event and it really showed me what is possible in the head fi world! Thanks so much!!!

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #56 of 79

Either my mac mini server with Pure Music/iTunes and Vox for high res files at home or my iPhone when out and about. I am going buy a 64gb iPhone 6s. Files on the phone will be 256k AACs. I know that is not ideal but it's practical. Next purchase will be custom IEMs. A DAP purchase will depend on how much DSD and other high res music I buy and I have to prove to myself that I can clearly hear the difference. At this point in the game for me it's about enjoying my music without burying myself (too deeply) in an expensive hobby!

IEM short list:

KAISER 10SLA
64 Audio 12 
JH Audio Angie

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #57 of 79
Either my mac mini server with Pure Music/iTunes and Vox for high res files at home or my iPhone when out and about. I am going buy a 64gb iPhone 6s. Files on the phone will be 256k AACs. I know that is not ideal but it's practical. Next purchase will be custom IEMs. A DAP purchase will depend on how much DSD and other high res music I buy and I have to prove to myself that I can clearly hear the difference. At this point in the game for me it's about enjoying my music without burying myself (too deeply) in an expensive hobby!

IEM short list:

KAISER 10SLA

64 Audio 12 

JH Audio Angie

If your going to buy some customs you should really check out Alclair, they are in Osseo Mn, like 15 minutes from the Needle Doctor. They have lots of choices and different price ranges. I have the RSMs which is a 4 driver per side.

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #59 of 79
Thank you all. It was fun to meet other local crazies.

I must specifically thank Howdy for bringing so many cool toys. Howdy I will reverse course and meet you somewhere with the FIIO X7 when it is time. You were more than generous at the meeting. I had been skeptical about high end DAC units before the show. Now I do believe that there can be a difference. How cool is it to have a DAC amp that lights up different colors depending on the signal resolution? Thought the astell and kern units and the oppo were cool also. Not to mention those amazing jvc iem units

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #60 of 79
Thank you all. It was fun to meet other local crazies.

I must specifically thank Howdy for bringing so many cool toys. Howdy I will reverse course and meet you somewhere with the FIIO X7 when it is time. You were more than generous at the meeting. I had been skeptical about high end DAC units before the show. Now I do believe that there can be a difference. How cool is it to have a DAC amp that lights up different colors depending on the signal resolution? Thought the astell and kern units and the oppo were cool also. Not to mention those amazing jvc iem units

Thanks!

This a great hobby, I do this for the love of music and its a great stress reliever as I have a stressful job. Hopefully when you get the FiiO X7 it will be to your liking, it is supposed to sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back