Minisystems again
Mar 6, 2003 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

stymie miasma

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am just starting to psych myself up to go looking for minisystems. I have looked at a number of threads regarding this topic, which have just left me more-or-less confused
confused.gif

From what I can gather, the NAD L40 is widely regarded as being a superior product/package, but is it still available?

I have read conflicting reports regarding the Denon DM-30 and DM-50, especially in comparrison to some cheaper units from Sony and Yamaha. I am also interested in comments regarding the Teac 300 series, as well as some of the new Onkyo models, including the MC35TECH which I saw in a local store yesterday.

Thanks in advance!

david!

Mar 9, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 2
I can't comment on the others, but I bought the Linn Classik (w/tuner) and I think it's a great one box solution.

My wife was complaining that she couldn't figure out how to play music with the pre-amp, power amp, etc...... so I bought a Classik and she has no trouble using it, it's small and compact, sounds very nice. Only downside is the price, it's a bit expensive and if I had to do it again I might go for the Denon as I've heard good things about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back