Minimum setup for lcd2's
Oct 13, 2014 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DocVS

New Head-Fier
Alright guys:
I Could theoretically buy the Lcd2's, but that would leave no money for other equipment. What could I get away with for a few months with highend cans like these?

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi!

It would be nice if you can get a Fiio E10K (USB DAC/Amp). It will cost you no more than 80 dollars, it will provide a clean signal and some extra power in comparison with regular sound cards and onboard audio chips).

Best Luck!

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Best bet would be a Schiit Magni and a Hifimediy Sabre for $150. Even cheaper: Monoprice headphone amp/dac ($99). Both have a fair amount of power for the LCD2 (1.2W on Magni and ~800mW or so with the Monoprice). 

I personally have used the LCD3, HE560, and HE500 with the Schiit Magni and they do a fair job, obviously not the best but it will hold you for a few months. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 6
Thoughts on beyerdynamic a200p for dac/amp?

Well, it looks kinda stupid
tongue.gif

A max output of 1.7 Vrms is awful for the price. It won't even drive the LCD-2 to 110 dB, which if you're going to actually spend money is what you want to aim for. The E10K has more power, enough for 110 dB and more, and doesn't underperform anywhere else. And it's much cheaper.

If you're looking in this price range you might as well go for a JDS Labs O2 with a separate ODAC. Bigger but just as portable as the A200P and capable of up to 7 Vrms depending on the gain setting and input voltage. Or a Schiit Modi+Magni if you don't need a portable. Or save money (I thought that's what you were trying to do!) and get the E10K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back