Minimalist maximized camping
Aug 18, 2005 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

drp

500+ Head-Fier
I’m at this moment sitting on a picnic table in the middle of a campground, posting this with my laptop connected via my cell phone and Bluetooth dongle.

No chirping crickets or nearby dogs barking for this camper, I’m spinning tunes through my Mini-DAC and PS-1s. No amp, just a bat operated pcdp and the Mini-DAC running off of 12v. What great synergy, and what a treat to be able to have this level of sound in a remote location. The PS-1s are sounding better by the day.

I wasn’t certain if this was to be a headphone post or a source post, and in the end thought I’d post in a more general area. I usually visit Head-Fi while listening to music; it’s cool to be able to do so in such a unique fashion. The real bottom line to high-end portable tunes is using them in places where you normally settle for the truck stereo turned down low as to not disturb your neighbors.

Oh, and this nice Ashton cigar is keeping the skeeters at bay…. 8~)

Just wanted to share this…..

Aug 18, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 7
I wouldn't mind camping, if it was in a mansion with naked lady servants pouring me glasses of beer served out of crystal mugs and i had a home theater better then george lucas, and a monorail system to drive around in to get to the bathroom or my air craft carrier...

That's roughing it to me.

Aug 18, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 7
Oh for crying out loud. My entire point was that I was really enjoying a few pieces of gear as special as the PS-1s and Mini-DAC in an out-of-the-way place, wanted to share with the folks I've come to know and respect, and instead I attract an old Troll (Headphonus Trollahtus). Nice post.

Call this camping (still on a picnic table)? No, I F’ing call it sleeping in a tent in commercialized woods. I am a seasoned camper that happens to be on a family outing with kids and their friends and too many people and too much noise and a need to stay in contact with the office and consider my primo tunes a little bit of sanity and heaven.

Never mind…….

Aug 18, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp
I’m at this moment sitting on a picnic table in the middle of a campground, posting this with my laptop connected via my cell phone and Bluetooth dongle.

Be careful the nettles don't sting your dongle
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back