MiniDiscs without the cases?
Oct 29, 2001 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jeff

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if it's safe to carry around a minidisc disc without it's plastic sleeve. The discs are pretty strong, yet that big opening where the spindle attaches itself looks like an invite for dust!

Anyone with experience?

I'm enjoying my Sony R700!

- JeffB

Oct 30, 2001 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 8
I got a few little cracks in discs (not the actual disc) I've carried around in my pocket without a case too much. doesn't seem to affect preformance in any way tho.

there'll be getting dust inside the disc tho. I've seen some people having that at least..

Oct 30, 2001 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 8
I never hold my MDs in their slip cases...I've had minidiscs that have been used over 2 years, and they've had no problems. Carried em bare in my pockets and all already.

Oct 30, 2001 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 8
I've always been afraid to do that, but a friend of mine carried around bare minidiscs in his messenger bag; some did, indeed, crack (on the outside). I wouldn't subject my minidiscs to that kind of torture.
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2001 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 8
Legoman, you're implying the unthinkable kind of fetish there.
biggrin.gif

I used to carry them bare, but some of them got quite dusty inside. It's probably because of my (dusty?) surroundings. I carry them with the case nowadays when I go out, or at least, bare but in a bag (the kind that comes with walkmans is handy).

Oct 30, 2001 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 8
I always use cases........just me......I'm with DanG
smily_headphones1.gif

And leon - that's just.....wrong!

Oct 30, 2001 at 9:19 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by leon
Legoman, you're implying the unthinkable kind of fetish there.
biggrin.gif

[...]

Go, wash your mouth with soap. And your brain. Now!
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Legoman the Innocent
headphone-monk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back