Minibox ES, T3, or Corda Headsix for ER4P/S? Or wait for E11?
Dec 15, 2010 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all!
First time looking for a portable amp. I probably have a budget of $100-150. Right now I have the Etymotic ER4P. All of these amps are in that price range and I've read of a lot for some of them with the ER4P/S. I'm open to any ideas which is best. (A lot of the good recommendations for the Minibox are for the E+ and not the ES; I'm not sure if there is any difference in sound quality...)
I'd prefer something that is neutral and doesn't color the sound. If it were to color, a little warmness/bass wouldn't be a horrible thing. I definitely don't want anything that is brighter than current!
Thanks for the advice!

(As mentioned below, this is an old thread, so some of you have already given advice!)

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 7
From what I have read Minibox ES is great for ER4S, and I have the TF10 and in my opinion it does not need amping!

PS:Head direct is having a winter deal right now, by the mini and receive a free RE0 which is not bad at all~ You might not even need to buy a new IEM after all :)

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #4 of 7
Seconding that the TF10s don't need amping. You might as well put that money into another set of IEM/cans/DAC as the price/improvement curve would be fairly sharp at this point. They're ridiculously easy to drive...

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Ha! This was an old thread. Triple.fi are easy to drive and have actually been sold for months now.

At this point, I'll probably wait to hear some reports about the E11.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #7 of 7
hehe nice tweak. I say for overall performane  Corda is future proof, but right now the mini is great value due to RE0 been given for free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back