mini review AMP3 vs Teclast T51 vs Sony D50 from China, Goolge translated
Oct 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Thanks.

The secret of the Amp3 is uncovered and the Amp3 is not highly regarded in the webpage of the link. Let's see if the Hifiman 801 can earn back some honors.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 8
I guess this post/review is the final arbiter if the Amp3 sounds good or not? I guess I'd rather trust my own ears than a review that is practically illegible in translation. Way before this, someone had already opened the Amp3 and decided it wasn't all high-end pieces parts. And I have a modded one here, that did replace several parts with higher end parts. However, in my view, it doesn't sound all that much better than the original Amp Pro1 I also own.

So if you decided to not indulge in an Amp3 based on that review, you might be making a mistake.

All I can say is mine sounds excellent, better than my other DAPs, with the right phones.

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 8
All praise to the AMP3 it seems that you have even upset the Chinese market where you are not really being sold!! Must be good if they even want to put it down in a market where it is not freely available, I wonder which of the manufacture over there is upset!!!

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All praise to the AMP3 it seems that you have even upset the Chinese market where you are not really being sold!! Must be good if they even want to put it down in a market where it is not freely available, I wonder which of the manufacture over there is upset!!!

In one popular Chinese headphones forum, discussion of AMP3 was banned - AMP3 was shrilled to the max, the forum admin took action. Shrilling is always an awful thing.

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In one popular Chinese headphones forum, discussion of AMP3 was banned - AMP3 was shrilled to the max, the forum admin took action. Shrilling is always an awful thing.

Who are really shrilling? T51 or AMP3? I am confused. AMP3 is still not sold in Chinese market, why they need to shrill in Chinese forum? if it is a shrill, it just shrill in China market, not here, why some one repeat shrill here? it waste our time to read some company's stupid marketing hype in Chinese market.

if some one really want to realize what has happended, please read the post on the same forum:

½Ò¿ªÇ¹ÎĵÄÉË°Ì£¬Ïê½âAmp3¸½T51 D50ÆÀ²â - ÉÁ´æʽËæÉí²¥·Å²úÆ· - iMP3ËæÉíÓ°Òô MP3|MP4|MP3ÂÛ̳|MP4ÂÛ̳|MP3ÏÂÔØ|MP4ÏÂÔØ|¶ú»úÂÛ̳| - Powered by Discuz!

if some one want to do a really comparing between T51 and AMP3 and post his observation on here, we really appreciate him.

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 8
Well, I don't think anyone in their right minds would expect the AMP3 Pro to hold high end parts for its price. Class a circuitry is already a good enough thing, but it is true, the AMP3 Pro isn't the best performer. Still, as an amp combo, it has a lot of potential. The even stephen volume matching is great, long battery life, etc.. HiSound have stressed over and over again to me that it is not a high-end part, but a low end, but good sounding part that has class a circuitry as its main selling point. I appreciate that. While the AMP3 thread is/was scarily pumped by new members, all it takes is a little listen and observation to discover what its strengths and weaknesses are all about.

Still, the amount of shilling that went on in that thread was astounding. The T51 thread too is disheartening.

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #8 of 8
if you read the thread to the end, there is a counter-argument that criticize the review being T51 bias. please read that too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back