Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested!
May 28, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #92 of 151
I would attend either an Orlando or Tampa meet. Hosting meets is not really difficult as all you need is about $150 to secure a meeting room in a hotel, I've done this about a dozen times. 

If this ever gets done I can bring my Metric Halo Dac, my Fetastic Amp and AT AD2ks along with a HiFiman 901 and Sony ZX1.

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #94 of 151
Hi all: I am in Leesburg. travel time from Tampa 1hr. 15 min.; from Gainesville i hr. 30 min.; Orlando by turnpike 35 min.
I live in a retirement community on Fla. 27. I have free use of our clubhouse, there are 3 rooms that would suit the purpose. I held a meet here in 2004; had 15 attendees. If some of you are interested I can host the meet. Here are conditions that need to be addressed: 1. need to establish a date as I must reserve the room in advance. 2. Refreshments & lunch; There is a commercial kitchen so drinks could be kept cold; a variety of several different sub sandwiches can be provided at cost. 3. I can provide electrical hookups.

I would try to get two rooms, one for listening & one for conversation. Last time the talkers annoyed the listeners. If you are interested contact me.

Bill Wilson

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #95 of 151
Hi all: I am in Leesburg. travel time from Tampa 1hr. 15 min.; from Gainesville i hr. 30 min.; Orlando by turnpike 35 min.
I live in a retirement community on Fla. 27. I have free use of our clubhouse, there are 3 rooms that would suit the purpose. I held a meet here in 2004; had 15 attendees. If some of you are interested I can host the meet. Here are conditions that need to be addressed: 1. need to establish a date as I must reserve the room in advance. 2. Refreshments & lunch; There is a commercial kitchen so drinks could be kept cold; a variety of several different sub sandwiches can be provided at cost. 3. I can provide electrical hookups.

I would try to get two rooms, one for listening & one for conversation. Last time the talkers annoyed the listeners. If you are interested contact me.

Bill Wilson

Thank you for taking the initiative. Sounds good to me.

I can bring my Fiio X5 player and PSB headphones.

I am hoping to hear a LCD-XC or X.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #96 of 151
I'd be interested in going if it was around October/November/December time.

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #99 of 151

Bill Wilson

im ok with leesburg meet . lets ry to determine a date and how many potential attendees.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #100 of 151
I can do a meet in Leesburg depending on the date. I'm pretty open in July/August.

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #101 of 151
I'd like to join for a meetup in Leesburg. I'm available anytime during the year, except the very beginning of September due to a wedding.

I have the following gear currently:
beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro-80
beyerdynamic DT-880/600
Sennheiser HD-650
Schiit Modi
La Figaro 336c

I'm also getting a few Bottlehead Crack kits in soon, one of which I'm building with the Speedball upgrade.

Jun 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #102 of 151
Hi Silenoz: Please let us know where you live in the state. I have sent MalVeaux a message. I would like to host a mini meet in the second half of July, if at all possible. Your Beyers & other equipment are more than welcome. Once MalVeaux & I have a chance to compare notes we will be posting the results here.

All the best
Bill W.

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #103 of 151
  Hi Silenoz: Please let us know where you live in the state. I have sent MalVeaux a message. I would like to host a mini meet in the second half of July, if at all possible. Your Beyers & other equipment are more than welcome. Once MalVeaux & I have a chance to compare notes we will be posting the results here.

All the best
Bill W.

Late July sounds great for me.  I'm open to bringing any of my gear but I will plan on bringing my HD800, T1, Bitfrost Uber, Valhalla, AK240, Shure SE846 and my balanced Noble 6.

Great to see the interest in the meet start heating up!

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #104 of 151

All the best
Bill W.

I'm in the Naples/Ft Myers area, about 3.5 hours from Leesburg. I am comfortable with the drive up there, and make trips to Orlando every so often.

I don't have a transportable source at the moment, but I'm still happy to bring anything in my list. Although, I'm unsure if the Speedball will arrive by end of July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back