Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp
Oct 9, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #1,325 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please send me a PM regarding any questions related to this.

I'm sorry for letting this get out of hand. I don't want my comments to reflect negatively in your regard; but what I read here ticked me off because I know you and you don't rip people off.

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #1,326 of 7,277
I got a question. if it is a SSHH then why is mini millett pasted all over the page?

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #1,328 of 7,277
First of all no one's been ripped off, Pete has been consulted, and if you want to point the finger at someone for overcharging it is definitely not Craig. I don't think here is the place to go into the details...

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #1,329 of 7,277
Whoa. I agree with MisterX (edit: and rds).

It seems that Whiplash Audio is offering a good deal for those who want to enjoy the Starving Student (Mini Millett, as rds named his build style) without having to build one. Any of us who've built a DIY amp knows that 2-3 times the cost of parts goes into our time in building. No vendor can offer a fabricated product for sale and expect to make any money - without taking those costs into account.

As for permissions, one should probably give the vendor the benefit of the doubt before posting accusations on public forum.
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #1,331 of 7,277
Yeah, the person building my rds kit is not doing it for profit either, but rather as a favor for my son, and at only the cost of wire and extra tubes and case and screws and such, etc. And I felt the $58 shipped for the spare left over rds kit was more than fair.

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #1,332 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for permissions, one should probably give the vendor the benefit of the doubt before posting accusations on public forum.
wink.gif

From Pete's site:

Quote:

I consider all the information that I post here to be in the public domain. So, you can use it however you want, for commercial or non-commercial use.

Pete does ask that you tell him what you are doing if you are using his information commercially, but as Tomb says, some benefit of the doubt is in order.

Oct 9, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #1,333 of 7,277
This is a DIY thread in the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions Forum. Maybe you guys can start your own thread, about an already built product, in another thread?

Don't bother replying to my post (perpetuating the thread crap) as my next post may not be so kind.

Renato

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #1,335 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good job m0b1liz3! What do you think of the amp?

I'm trying to find a 3/4 drill bit locally, but haven't found anything yet... I think I'm going to have to Ebay something soon
icon10.gif

If you can, get yourself a step bit. Much easier to use than a regular drill bit.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back