Millett Hybrid Max vs Woo Audio 6 Max with Sofia
May 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 7
What if someone tells you it sound 24.245% better? Will that suffice?

I mean seriously.. you're going to believe someone who says something sounds a certain percantage better then something else?

90% of all statistics are made up. 19% of all people know that.

This post contains 10% crap.

May 12, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do they compare? I do not think WA6 Max will sound 3x better than Millett but does it sound 25% better?

I'm not sure it really does - perhaps not even 10% better. I have a hard time discerning that its much better at all.

My WA6 SEM sounds great... and... it does seem to have a slightly more powerful sound, maybe a bit more weight, spacious soundstage, and resolution. But... its really just a bit better - its hard to assess how much better. Though, its not even 1-2 times better.

Its hard to place a % on it. Some place a high value on small improvements... some don't.

25%? Maybe... to some... maybe not to others.

May 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 7
I know is very hard to compare, the Millett is so good and synergy very well with my AD2000 and I do know the WA6 Max is about 3x the price but probably will give me 1% increase in SQ if any. One thing for sure is the Sofia glowing will worth the money, at least I hope so.

May 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess this will be my first diminishing return that I totally agree on. I should receive my WA6 early next month.

You'll be very pleased with the WA6.

This is more of a statement of how great the Millett MiniMax / Max / etc. are for the money invested... and... of the "law of diminishing returns," as you say.

For "good amps" (well designed & constructed, and well-matched to the phones) there just isn't a huge difference between their SQ - whether they're $400+ amps, or $2,000+ amps.

And... there is no doubt, that you get "more for your money" with DIY amps, in general... even if... they're built by someone else.

May 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 7
I know I will be pleased with the WA6 purchase. I just got my Millett back and pair it up with my ATH-AD2000, it sound amazing and heard details that I did not heard before with my Little Dot IVSE. For that reason, I sold my LD and ordered a WA6 without hearing it on Millett before. Not to mention, the Millett synergy better with HD600 than LD with HD600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back