Middle Mouse button as Back Function?
Feb 23, 2006 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jlo mein

In some place that's not Canada ....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
I am using WinXP Pro SP2 on my laptop with a wireless logitech mouse that has the standard two buttons, plus a click wheel that can be used as a third button.

In IE, the third button currently functions as a toggle for scrolling up or down with mouse movement.

I believe it is currently being controlled by the Synaptics touchpad driver, as through that control panel I can change sensitivity and such.

Is there a way to make this button function as a back button in IE?

Feb 23, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 4
Yep.

Go into your control panel, and select "Mouse".

On the "Buttons" tab you will see three boxes, one to select the left button function, one for the right button, and one for the wheel. Click on the down arrow next to the wheel option box and select "back". Click ok. Done.

oops. I'm sorry, I mis-read. I'm using an MS wireless optical mouse. You may have different options with your Logitech drivers.

Feb 23, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Click on the mouse icon in your taskbar. Click on the 'Buttons' tab. Double-click the button you want to change. Tadas.

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 4
well i can't see what you guys are talking about...seems like my Synaptics touchpad drivers can't see the click wheel on my Logitech wireless mouse (no options to configure a middle button).

i guess now I might install those Logitech drivers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back