Micro-Driver Madness!! (Joyroom E107 added)
Jan 15, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #16 of 45
Agree with the FXH30. It is one of the best micro-driver earphone and it can replace the discontinued and fragile EPH-100. I listened to it at Akihabara and impressed at first listen.

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #18 of 45
So excited! B3 Pro II is out for delivery and should be arriving soon. Impressions to come! Let's see if they're as mediocre as I've been led  to believe 
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #19 of 45
Update time!

Havi B3 Pro II - Just like the B3 Pro I but with a small increase in bass quantity and light decrease in treble presence. I would say they're just as neutral as the Pro I but with the general frequency emphasis shifted down a bit across the board (excluding mids....those are just as lush and forward). General tone and overall performance is nearly identical. Soundstage may be a bit smaller, but I'll have to spend more time comparing. The extra low end is very welcome, and dare I say it, I think I prefer the Pro II as a result...

Somic V4 - This thing is absolutely stellar. Like a budget Meze 12 Classics with a larger soundstage and more accurate imaging. It's treble isn't quite as refined as the 12 Classics' and it's design lacking the Meze's clean elegance, but the cable gorgeous and best of all, no microphonics!!! It's especially nice for something so wallet friendly. Strain relief is pretty much non-existent though.

Joyroom E107 - Had high hopes for these, but they've been a bit of a disappointment. The design is clean and they're absurdly small, but the cable feels flimsy. Inline mic is nice though. Same one as that used on the much more expensive LZ A2S hybrid. Bass is punchy, smooth, and digs pretty deep, but as you head into the upper registers they start to sound, well, cheap. They have a crispy, unnatural treble presentation that completely ruins the experience. I'll reserve further judgement on these until they've been "burned in" and I've dedicated some uninterrupted listening time. Tip rolling will be part of the equation too. For now

More updates to come when full reviews are up, and the next two models arrive; QKZ DM8 and Remax 565i.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #20 of 45
Somic V4 is indeed priced attractively! Really curious about this model.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #21 of 45
I've only been using them on and off for about a week now but they're very nice. Fit might be an issue for some given the shape of the housing and stubby nozzle, but that seems to be the case with every earphone that apes off the JVC HA-FXT90's design. That's probably why they include nothing but long, multi-flange tips. Won't knock them for it but it's worth noting, especially for those that have troubles getting shallow fit earphones to seal properly.

Also noted is that they use biological diaphragms. Wonder if that's the same as bi-cellulose such as you'll find on the GR07 and AN16, because if so would be pretty neat. 

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #22 of 45
I will wait for your review, along with Meze 12 for myself (so a comparison will be very interesting) :)

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #25 of 45

Joyroom E107 - Had high hopes for these, but they've been a bit of a disappointment. The design is clean and they're absurdly small, but the cable feels flimsy. Inline mic is nice though. Same one as that used on the much more expensive LZ A2S hybrid. Bass is punchy, smooth, and digs pretty deep, but as you head into the upper registers they start to sound, well, cheap. They have a crispy, unnatural treble presentation that completely ruins the experience. I'll reserve further judgement on these until they've been "burned in" and I've dedicated some uninterrupted listening time. Tip rolling will be part of the equation too. For now

It seems Joyroom E103 fixed most of the issues that E107 had, at least according to this review. But it is so hard to find information about the E103 & so I am wondering if you know this is true. They are also very hard to find (the cheapest seller I could find is here)  

E103 seems to fit my requirements - small & comfortable, <$15, has a 3-button mic (I can settle with a 1-button mic too) and a sound signature that is gentle & non-fatiguing with good bass. Are there any other earphones that tick these boxes? 

Thank you.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #27 of 45
  asked this on the FXH-30 review thread, maybe here there will be any opinions.

Quote:
What are the differences between the FXH30 & FXH20 models? I liked FXT90 more than FXD80 if that matters

I don't know if anyone here has both. I would expect the FXH20 to be slightly less refined and to have less bass as they look to be sealed; no vent on the top of the housing like the FXH30. This is just speculation, however. The FXT90 was superior to the FXD80 for a number of reasons imo, namely they're more natural sounding and have more weight and body to their presentation.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #28 of 45
  It seems Joyroom E103 fixed most of the issues that E107 had, at least according to this review. But it is so hard to find information about the E103 & so I am wondering if you know this is true. They are also very hard to find (the cheapest seller I could find is here)  

E103 seems to fit my requirements - small & comfortable, <$15, has a 3-button mic (I can settle with a 1-button mic too) and a sound signature that is gentle & non-fatiguing with good bass. Are there any other earphones that tick these boxes? 

Thank you.

Would need to hear both for myself, but I have no inclination to try other Joyroom products so that's probably never going to happen. Remax's products are priced similarly and the two models of theirs I own are far superior in both build and sound quality over the E107.

KZ ED3c (also goes by ED3m) can be had for ~10 USD and with a single button mic. Comes in red or blue, avoid the original silver model. Its a pretty mellow sounding earphone with smooth bass and non-fatiguing highs. The VJJB K2S would also be a nice option. Criminally underrated around here imo. Can't think of any inxpensive earphones with 3 button mics unfortunately.

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #29 of 45

I don't know if anyone here has both. I would expect the FXH20 to be slightly less refined and to have less bass as they look to be sealed; no vent on the top of the housing like the FXH30. This is just speculation, however. The FXT90 was superior to the FXD80 for a number of reasons imo, namely they're more natural sounding and have more weight and body to their presentation.

the reviews on the FXH30 are good. about FXH20  - i didn't find any. also, FXH30 cost almost twice as much as FXH20.

music type - 90% orchestral/uplifting trance like Andy Blueman, 10% Porcupine Tree.
The parts I like the most are when there are many different instruments same time and fast switches. I don't like when bass takes over/dominant at the expense of other. 
I wonder if FXH20 fits to this signature. also wonder about the FXH30's bass you've mentioned and my preferred signature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back