Miami Meet 2/18/06
Feb 17, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #286 of 302
Sorry, not being a drinker I haven't the foggiest notion where that pub is.

Oh, is anyone bringing some kind of vinyl cleaning stuff? All my vinyl is in uh, unretouched, condition so I don't know how you'd feel about playing any of it and if I can find my Eric Clapton self-titled record I'd definitely like to audition it since I am very familiar with the album.

Sounds like we're going to have a walking catalog of Ray Samuels stuff!

Feb 17, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #287 of 302
Add the following to my list: R10 headphone, and Corda Aria amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
jp11801

Main rig
Linn LP12
graham slee solo gold reflex phono stage
dynahi
Zebrawoody HF-1s
AKG 340s

Portable
Redwine audio mod ipod
sr71

mikeg

HE90 headphone
Koss ESP/950 headphone
McAlister EA-4 amp.
Marantz SA-8260

Icehawk

S.f 5 Pro IEMs
Little Dot Micro amp

tyrion

Headphile HF-1
RSA Raptor
HE60
KGSS (may not be operational at the meet)
STAX SRM-1 mk-2
HEV70
Hornet
Shure E5
Rega P5/RSA XR-2
Rega Apollo

mrarroyo

-Mapletree Ear Purist + HD100
-SuperMacro-III Version 6
-AKG K701

This is what I was able to find.

Icehawk has advised that there is 2 hour parking acroos the street from the entrance to the building where we can park and unload. After we unload we should move to longer term parking in the garage.

Feb 17, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #288 of 302
Gene - We can't get together today, since I gotta pack the equipment for tomorrow's meet. But, I'd love to have you drop over in order to compare the HE90/McAlister system to the R10/SDS system. I got them rigged up so that the same music plays simultaneously through both systems. Last night, and this morning, I've been struggling to decide which system I prefer, but to no avail. While the HE90 system is more open, more detailed, and has a wider sound stage, the R10 system has an especially rich, sweet, and mellow sound. If I draw an analogy of the sound of these systems to photography, it's like photographing a beautiful landscape with Kodachome slide film. While the natural scene is beautiful, detailed, sparking, and has natural, but subdued colors, the Kodachrome slides of this scene have deeper and more intense colors, thereby displaying the scene in a somewhat more dramatic fashion. In this rather inadequate analogy, the HE90 system resembles the natural landscape scene, while the R10 system resembles the photographed scene that appears in the Kodachrome slides. Thus, while the R10 system may sound a bit more artificial, its sound is very beautiful. Here's another analogy regarding these systems. Think of a classical symphony orchestra playing in two different setting; i.e., in a "live" concert hall, versus a well furnished and draped parlor (i.e., with lots of sound absorption, and thus little sound reflection). The HE90 system resembles the orchestral sound in the live concert hall, while the R10 system sounds more like the same music played in the well furnished and draped parlor. BTW, when my wife compared the two systems, she preferred the HE90 system for listening at higher volume settings, while she had no preference among the systems at low volume settings. It'll be interesting to know your preference, when we get the chance to get together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
yes, I do, and you are welcome to it, Mike (Stax -> HE90 adapter).

I am going to Casey Key tonight, and could drop it by your house.

<edit> Nevermind - I see that Wayne is bringing one.

Have a great time, people, I sure hate missing this. </edit>

Feb 17, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #289 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
as far as cans... i have my K26p, K701s, K1000s (recabled), DT880, DT990PRO, HF-1, UE 5p and i think thats it lol

My hero! Looks like I'll finally get to listen to some beyers.

Feb 18, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #290 of 302
I don't have anything particularly exciting to bring along. Mostly it will be for me to test what I have with various amp/headphone combinations. Here is what I will take with me:

Headphones:

Senn HD 580's (shoddy cable, but it works if I hold it in a certain position)
Grado SR-60's
Koss KSC-75's (they're small, why not?)

Amp:

JMT Transportable Pimeta

Source:

Ipod 4g Photo

Feb 18, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #292 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
I'll repost my stuff:SCD-1,HD650,HE90.That's all folks,Gary.

Icehawk,is that I-95 to Biscayne Blvd.?

From Icehawk, in an earlier post:
"we live almost literally at the intersection of 95 and the 395 (MacArthur) Causeway. Just hop off the Biscayne exit and head S towards 3rd St."
He lives in The Loft Downtown.

I picked up the Apollo and an ASL MG Head Otl32 (new version) for the meet. Gear list updated.

Feb 18, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #293 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by solbergg
I don't have anything particularly exciting to bring along. Mostly it will be for me to test what I have with various amp/headphone combinations. Here is what I will take with me:

Headphones:

Senn HD 580's (shoddy cable, but it works if I hold it in a certain position)
Grado SR-60's
Koss KSC-75's (they're small, why not?)

Amp:

JMT Transportable Pimeta

Source:

Ipod 4g Photo

No problem. There will not be a shortage of gear.

Feb 18, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #294 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
tyrion

Headphile HF-1
RSA Raptor
HE60
KGSS (may not be operational at the meet)
STAX SRM-1 mk-2
HEV70
Hornet
Shure E5
Rega P5/RSA XR-2
Rega Apollo
ASL MG Head Otl32

Don't forget the G52 Cable.
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #295 of 302
I'm really excited to listen to the linn lp12, Corda Aria, and HF-1. Yeah, the HE 90s sound pretty cool, but I'm afraid I wont like the sound of my equipment anymore if I listen to them for too long
580smile.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #297 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
Both Mike, Miguel and I should also have non-electro amps the Dynahi, Raptor and Mapletree.

If you like bass the Lin Lp 12 with the woody HF-1 pump the bass pretty well, put on Elvis Costello pump it up and jam!!

PS are you anywhere near a brewpub called Titanic? I would love to stop by there if it is close or resonably close by

booo titanic sucks

Feb 18, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #299 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
I'll repost my stuff:SCD-1,HD650,HE90.That's all folks,Gary.

... snip ...

err ... is there anything more one could want? Oh, wait, you have no amp - welcome to the club, but it's gonna be fun watching the HE90 amp wars over the next few months, no?

I am eagerly awaiting all your learned impressions of HE90's with Mikeg's McAlister, tyrion's KGSS (if flecom can stop it from spouting flames and smoke
biggrin.gif
), and whatever other bits of diodes, resisters, and interconnects that are lying about in South Florida tomorrow.

Have a great time everyone, and Mike and John - send some of that Mahatma brew back here with Mike and Holly - we're having a dry spell here on the Gulf.

Feb 18, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #300 of 302
Gene,the amplifier wars have already started with the new Singlepower ES-1 introduction,now if I could just get my freakin amp already! Xenia and I really wish you could make it and she says that you and your Leatherheads will be sorely missed
tongue.gif
.More impressions later,Gary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back