merging PortaPro drivers with ksc75 clips..
Dec 11, 2005 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

citizenkane

New Head-Fier
hey,

i just got the portapro and ksc-75 some days ago. i don't think it's necessary anymore to mention that they are awesome, but.. i... cannot resist... they are awesome!

still, there's imho a huge difference between the two of them. the PPs sound warmer and got a lot more bass which is probably due to the different construction, but maybe it's also the little difference between the two drivers.

i dont like to mess around with my hair everytime i'm using the porta pros. that's why i want to try the following: detach the drivers from the PP and attach them to the ksc75 ear clips. i think that should work but before breaking them something tells me it would be best to ask you for advice/opinions
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 17
I would assume that the extra 'warmth' of the PP's is due to a tighter fit, and would not be replicated with the KSC75's earclips. If you still think you like the non-titanium driver's (PP) sound over the titanium coated KSC75's, I suggest you try the KSC-35's from Creative's eBay auction. They're $9.99 + ~$5 shipping, and they have the PP's drivers with an earclip.

Dec 11, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 17
okay, but buying 3 pairs of headphones within a week is ****in crazy for a poor student like me.

i mean, i just wanna try it out. is it technically possible to seperate the drivers without damaging the mount and attach them to the clips? (this process should not be irreversible
tongue.gif
)

Dec 13, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 17
Okay, you got me. i could pop them in fairly easy, the difficult process was to figure out which driver belongs to which clip (i forgot that i have to remember which speaker is left or right)
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 17
Both of the hybrids there look better than their originals.
<- will try that once I get my KSC35

Dec 13, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #10 of 17
heaven help you all. Pray that I don't manage to show you MY modified KSC75s.

That's really cool that the porta pro driver housing is exactly the same as the 35, except blue. And you know, I was always thinking of how rad it would be to have my 75 attached to a full size headphone
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 13, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben
Check out my Koss Hybrids (KSC375 and KSC735):

koss003small4ld.jpg

I'm really liking the KSC75's w/KSC35 clips.

So you can just remove the clips from the kscs and swap them, no extra modding neccesary? Completely reversable?

Dec 13, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #12 of 17
WHOA!!... I thougt I'd seen everything.

IMHO the 2 drivers are night and day. Titanium KSC75 is bright forward and aggressive. non-Titanium KSC35/portapro is mellow, pleasant and bass heavy.

buy low mod high everyone!

Garrett

Dec 13, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #14 of 17
I swaped my KSC75 drivers into my sportapro... and didn't really like the fit. I think the KSC75 drivers are a bit taller, made the streetstyle sporta headband a little less comfey.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back