Merging crossfeed into mp3 files
Sep 24, 2005 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Zetsumei

New Head-Fier
Hello, this might be a wrong section but didn't know where to place it else.

I'm currently using a Sennheiser HD-590 attached to an old amplifier at my pc, and i'm using the crossfeed function in my soundcard driver.

Now for portable usage i've got an Iriver imp400, which sounded kinda empty as if it was underpowered for my cans, so i'm going to get a Headsave Govibe v3 soon in order to be a bit more mobile. Now my problem with using my setup is that i don't have crossfeed, and when using the computer before without the crossfeed enabled after some time i felt dizzy. So i was wondering if something excists that will actually change the mp3 file itself to create crossfeed instead of playing it differently.

Sep 26, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 12
You can do it pretty easily with foobar's diskwriter. Go to the diskwriter options, make sure it is set up to use your LAME compiler with the desired settings, check the "use DSP" box. Activate crossfeed or whatever DSP you want added to the file. Make sure you start with the original wav or lossless file, as an .mp3 to .mp3 (with DSP) conversion would be less than ideal to say the least. Right click on the track and choose Convert.

Some will say this is a bad solution, but honestly if this is how you prefer to listen to music on the computer then it should also be preferable for you on portable.

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:19 PM Post #7 of 12
the problem isn't for listening at home, but when listening to my portable, i use crossfeed on my pc if i'm going to listen a long time. But my govibe doesn't have crossfeed ;o

Sep 28, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga
when did such a thing exist and where do i get it?

As long as I've been using it. Use the special installer if it's missing for you.

Sep 28, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rempert
You can do it pretty easily with foobar's diskwriter. Go to the diskwriter options, make sure it is set up to use your LAME compiler with the desired settings, check the "use DSP" box. Activate crossfeed or whatever DSP you want added to the file. Make sure you start with the original wav or lossless file, as an .mp3 to .mp3 (with DSP) conversion would be less than ideal to say the least. Right click on the track and choose Convert.

Some will say this is a bad solution, but honestly if this is how you prefer to listen to music on the computer then it should also be preferable for you on portable.

wow...

i really wish i knew this a while back, i recently ripped a load of CD's and i was having the same dilemma as the thread starter. I ripped everything as a .wav, for home use i converted it to .mpc's at insane level bitrate but for portable use i needed crossfeed and a detailed EQ so my process went something like this: (don't laugh)

rip to .wav via EAC
burn needed .wav files to nero image drive (creating an .iso of the files) through foobar with DSP's on
load up the .iso with nero image drive and rip again through EAC as a .wav
convert files to .mp3

...quite a waste i think you'll agree, it's a good job i gave up only after a few CD's, i won't bother explaining why i stopped
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 12
may i ask, what exactly is crossfeed? sorry if its a noobish question
cool.gif

Cheers!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back