Memories old stereo chains we used to visit from way back in the ninetteen seventies
Jan 25, 2015 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

buson160man

1000+ Head-Fier
  I have many fond memories of when I was a teenager first stating out in my passion for hi fi. I remember many hours spent salivating over vintage stereo equipment that I listened to back in the seventies that I could not afford . I made many friends and met many fellow stereophiles back in the day.
    There were a lot of hifi chains in the midwest that have come and gone since those days.
 I remember there was pacific stereo , playback, musicraft, tech hi fi, Midwest hifi, Team, stereo studio, united audio, olsen electronics and allied radio . I am sure I probably missed a few that I can not remember .I remember some of the more exclusive stores that were more numerous back then . There was audio consultants, victors stereo(some called it victims stereo) , paul heath audio, IO systems, symphony sounds , rosine audio, pro musica, quintessence audio, and holm audio. I spent time in all of them and have a lot of great memories.
    Most of these have gone by way side but some of them are still around.
 I must have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in the local audio emporiums over the years and had great pleasure listening to many a system.
     I know there are a lot of other fellow head-fier who have similar memories of the good old days. Feel free to add some of your favorite audio emporiums to this thread . I am sure  you have many memories of memorable listening sessions .

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 2
Here in So Cal I spent many hours in Pacific Stereo. Here in Costa Mesa there was also a privately owned store called Atlantic Music. The store was small, but the gear was of a higher quality( read $$$) then Pacific Stereo.

Those were fun times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back