Melos SHA-1 Voltage switch from 120V to 230V
Jan 19, 2013 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SHAHZADA123

500+ Head-Fier
I don't like using step-down-transformers and would therefore like to change the voltage setting.
Can someone chime in if its possible.
Thanks in advance

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 6
It's possible if the transformer has 2 primary windings. You'll have to open it up and verify yourself. If you're not sure, post high def pictures of the transformer's primary wiring.

I can't find a picture on the internet that confirms it, so you'll have to provide one.

What I see seems promising though.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 6
Step-down transformers come in 2 shades= a series winding with tapping's[auto] or an isolated primary and secondary transformer .The first while supplying instant current are dangerous as you are directly connected to the mains.
The isolated version is safer but must be able to supply the peak  voltage required as in a powerful Hi-Fi amp so must be high current or you would get clipping.due to voltage /current limitations.
On an "auto" transformer there should be voltage tappings marked. A standard MAINS ISOLATED[primary/secondary windings] are usually set at one drop -down voltage.
Yes you can get unusual  set ups but I am talking of your "standard" definition version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back