Melbourne's 2nd Head-Fi Meet of 2011 - 10th September
Aug 9, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #91 of 229

Quote:
You're welcome to plug into my setup. I'm sure many others will be happy to share on the day, after all, that's what this meet is about!

Thanks Will, look forward to meeting everyone on the day. Guess I better sign-up.

Cor, looks like there will be some absolutely fantastic equipment on the day. Orpheus and STAX systems. Amazing

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #92 of 229

Quote:
We may split the MOTs attending off into their own rooms or just have that option available for intensive listening sessions with individual gear. What do you guys think?  

I guess the open back designs may need some level of seperation but I think keeping everyone relatively close would add to the communal vibe.
Either way, that venue is awesome for an audio meet. I've visited them a month ago, very nice people. Thanks to Will and Addicted to Audio.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #93 of 229
Yeah I certainly don't want to spread everyone out as to ruin the vibe but I also want to give people the specific conditions that this venue can provide. Normally at meets you really can't get a good idea of just how a headphone sounds in intricacy. I'd really like to provide a few rooms so we could make that happen, I'm sure others would agree and appreciate the ability to go off into a room for 10-20 minutes by themselves to intensely examine a piece of gear. I know I'd love that chance with a number of the headphones on the list.

Due to the shape and size of the actual venue, we will have to split between the two largest rooms at the front and rear of the venue, although I don't think it will be all that closed off as we will try to operate and have the majority of happenings in these rooms. At least, this is the plan. It all depends on just what tables we end up with and how it all goes down on the day. The walk-way between the rooms isn't all that long and I think it will work out quite nicely in the end. Once everyone gets in there, I think we'll have just enough space for everyone to stretch out.

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #94 of 229
I think if he were to stay for longer than that he would have too much drool on his Baby Orpheus.

Quote:
Very happy that the venue has been moved!! It's now closer to where i work...
I will be there from 10.30-11.30 (just 1 hour
frown.gif
 )

i will bring my Sennheiser Baby Orpheus HE-60 , HEV70 and Wadia 170i with me.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #96 of 229

I thought lactation had something todo with breasts..  and milk???

But yes, the baby orpheus is kinda ..  breast-milk inducing arent they??

All we need now is the he90!!  Wonder if there are any of them in Australia. Surely..  one rich guy...   accidentaly bought it thinking it was bose

Quote:
So what if I'm over-lactating a little? I'll wear a drool catcher
ph34r.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #97 of 229
Yes, you're quite right, I'm getting disoriented and confused with the mere mention of the HE60 now
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #98 of 229
Add me to the list! Veli_good is giving me a lift. Thanks again veli_good!.

HD800
Zana Deux
Paradisea +

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #99 of 229
lol...my jaw literally dropped when i saw the words "he60" then they closed again when i realised he will only be there for an hour. assuming everyone tries it...thats around 3 minutes a person? XD

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #102 of 229
Jaben will be bringing the HE-6 and possibly the HE-500 if it hasn't sold be meet day. A list will be announced closer to the day on exactly what Jaben will bring.

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #105 of 229
Hoping more ppl join cuz more ppl = more gear 
atsmile.gif
 btw, i realised no ones bringing any schiits :O HOpefully someone will bring a Lyr. would be great to try em with the orthos or inefficient cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back