Melbourne Meet: Sunday 6/4/14
Apr 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #301 of 311
Hey guys,

It was nice meeting all of you's today, whether it was for a brief encounter or a small chat.

I enjoyed myself, and trying out all the gear really gave me a new perception of what big bucks could get me, haha. I know I didn't have much to contribute, but I'd like to give a big thanks to those who came in with massive luggages packed with cables and equipment! Was definitely a great, first time experience.

Thank you Billy (and Noisy Motel) for being a great host! :D

(Will have pictures up soon. They're probably blurry, however..)

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #302 of 311
Great meet today guys! 

It was great to see those who have come before and meeting some new people. I especially liked the Stax SR-5, Sennheiser HD800, Alessandro MS1i and the La Figara 339 amp. Thanks to everyone for coming and brining their stuff and thanks to Billy for once aging hosting the meet. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #303 of 311
Sorry guys - I have to bail at the last minute due to poor planning on my side

Heart-breaking, was looking forward to seeing you, mate!

Hey guys,

It was nice meeting all of you's today, whether it was for a brief encounter or a small chat.

I enjoyed myself, and trying out all the gear really gave me a new perception of what big bucks could get me, haha. I know I didn't have much to contribute, but I'd like to give a big thanks to those who came in with massive luggages packed with cables and equipment! Was definitely a great, first time experience.

Thank you Billy (and Noisy Motel) for being a great host!
biggrin.gif

(Will have pictures up soon. They're probably blurry, however..)

Which one were you? :p

Big thanks to Billy and Lin!

I gave Billy a heap of beer as thanks, from all of us.

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #304 of 311
Anybody took pictures? Should we post them here or on another thread? The mods will be locking this soon. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #306 of 311
Heart-breaking, was looking forward to seeing you, mate!

Which one were you? :p

Big thanks to Billy and Lin!

I gave Billy a heap of beer as thanks, from all of us.

OH! And thanks to Lin too for the organization! :)

The Asian with the light blue shirt, Lol. :D

Anybody took pictures? Should we post them here or on another thread? The mods will be locking this soon. 

Ahh, yeah we better do a summary thread just in case. I'll have the pictures, or what of it, uploaded by tonight. :)

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #307 of 311
Yeah, probably because after a meet mods usually lock the thread and tell you to open an even coverage thread. We should probably post it in the Melbourne group area. 

I would prefer if people did not post pictures with me in it and yes, I was in the light blue shirt lol. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #308 of 311
Yeah, probably because after a meet mods usually lock the thread and tell you to open an even coverage thread. We should probably post it in the Melbourne group area. 

I would prefer if people did not post pictures with me in it and yes, I was in the light blue shirt lol. 

You were? Hahaha, I was saying I was, haha.

But yeah, all my shots do not include people. Maybe a hand or leg, but no faces. As per usual, I guess we should keep all pictures privatised with no identification visible?

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #310 of 311
Someone host a thread for pictures and our summaries or what not. I'll upload my pics to that once I head home.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thread started for comments and photos about/from the meet.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/713332/coverage-and-review-of-melbourne-meet-april-2014-post-photos-and-comments-from-the-meet-here

If anyone from Melbourne isn't in the Melbourne Head-fiers group, please PM me for an invite - you don't have to have come to this meet (or others), you just have to be a fellow Melbournian (or someone who would likely join us in Melbourne for future meets / events)

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #311 of 311
It was great to catch up with those who attended previous meets and meet the rest of you.
We had a lot of interesting gear today and hopefully everyone got something out of it. 
Thanks everyone for contributing, in particular to Billy for being our host again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back