Melbourne, Australia - Sunday 7 October 2007
Aug 17, 2007 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

gz76

1000+ Head-Fier
Okay, time to start a dedicated thread for this meet I think.

For those of you who have just found this... I'm planning on holding a small get together in the coming months at my studio in Prahran. I only have limited space, so this meet will be for about half a dozen or so people.

Those of you who would like to attend, please register your interest with me via a PM, and include a clear list of what you'll be able to bring. The meet will take place on Sunday 7 October.

Confirmed Attendees
gz76, pxpx, FeedMeTrance, jaspert + k371n, jdimitri, Firevortex, toanaldino, minivan

Shortlisted
Boggle

Interested, but unconfirmed
The Pieman

I'll keep this post updated as planning progresses, so check back every so often to stay up to date.

Cheers.

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #2 of 58
Here's confirmed hardware so far. If you're attending, please send me a list of what you'll bring so I can add it here. Duplicate items are fine, as it means a greater chance of getting to listen to things.

Headphones
Sennheiser HD650 (x3), Sennheiser HD650 (RAL and Equinox cables), Sennheiser HD25-1 (x2), Beyerdynamic DT990 (2005), Koss KSC75, Alessandro MS-1, Audio-Technica ATH-A900, Sennheiser PX-100, Grado SR225, Grado RS-1, Crusty Jecklin Floats (Model One), AKG K701, Audio Technica ATH-W5000, AKG K501, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K1000, Stax SR-Sigma Signature

CD Players and Turntables
Marantz SA11-S1, Harman Kardon HD750, NEC CDR-602

Desktop Amps
Little Dot II+ (x2), Stello HP100, Audio-Technica HA20, Meier Audio Corda Opera, Darkvoice 336i (x2 plus some tubes for rolling), Ray Samuels Audio Raptor, Stax SRM-T1, Heed Canamp, Graham Slee Solo 2008, Yamamoto HA-2, SXT-2

DACs
Stello DA100, Lavry DA 10, MHdt Paradisea (WE 396A), Beresford DAC mk IV, Zhaolu D3, Storm Pandora

Portable Players
Philips AZ6832/10, iriver clix2

Portable Amps
Corda Move (x2), iBasso D1

Other
MacBook Pro, AirPort Express, Stello S100, Quad 12L, various interconnects

Unconfirmed
The following items are just pulled from sigs of those who've expressed an interest. I'll move them up above when I get confirmations (I've avoided including IEM's due to health issues, however some people might still choose to bring some):

Corda Opera or Cantate, K501, K701, HD600, RSA Raptor, MHdt Paradisea, Corda Move, AKG K81DJ, Grado GS-1000, Audio-Technica ATH-W5000, Headroom MicroAmp with Desktop Module, RSA Tomahawk, RSA Hornet, PA2V2, WOO Audio WA2, Cowon X5L, Cowon A2, Cowon D2, iRiver iHP-120, iRiver iHP140, 60gb RWA iMod, Samsung YP-Z5, Headroom MicroDac, Creative ZVM, Cyrus dAD3 CDP with Q upgrade, various interconnects.

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 58
I would like to come, but working on Saturday
frown.gif
, anyway my 'stuff' isn't between $750 - $2000 anyway, I'm a bit on the cheap side lol.

But have fun!

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #6 of 58
Hi gz76,

How are the interest levels? Do we have enough interest at this stage to justify the meet?

FWIW - I am still very keen! Thanks again for starting the thread and agreeing to hold the meet.

cheers

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #7 of 58
I don't have confirmed attendance from anyone except yourself pxpx. I honestly thought we'd have more of a community here in Melbourne. I have two others who have expressed an interest, but I haven't received any confirmation from them yet.

Jdimitri... can you please confirm if you're coming?

I'd hate to have to cancel this if no one is interested, as I have the space and the initiative to make this happen - I just need the people!

Anyone else who may be thinking of coming, please let me know so I don't end up canceling. It's been a long time since Melbourne had a meet, so you won't want to miss it - who knows when the next one will be! It's also a good chance to experience gear you may be considering buying, or are just curious about hearing.

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #8 of 58
hmmm - that's dissapointing. C'mon Melbourne'ites - pull your finger out!

On the up-side, I have just pulled the trigger on a Corda Opera, so you can move that up into your list of confirmed gear for the meet!

All I need now is a decent after market cable for my HD650's and I should be pretty happy! Anyone have a view on the equinox?

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 58
Hi,
Put me down as a possible attendee depending on my house hunting effort over the coming few weeks.

I'm a newbie to head-fi/phone and have a few bits and bots added in the last few months. Mainly using AKG 701 at the moment with a Sennheiser HD 650 on its way. Non Portable amps - Darkvoice 336i , Little Dot II+ and portable amps - Corda Move and iBasso D1 on their way here.

I can probably bring my Lavry DA 10 DAC but i think i will leave my 2 CD players and Roksan Radius 5 turntable at home.
orphsmile.gif

I know of another group of people from a local hifi forum who're planning to have a headphone get together separately. A few of them have bought the Yamamoto HA 2 tube amp recently with a group buy and want to meet up.

cheers,
jasper

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #11 of 58
Hi jaspert - good to have you on board. Surely if you haven't found a place by then, you'll be needing a bit of a break from all the house-hunting? :p I'd be interested in demoing your K701's and Darkvoice 336i. Will also be good to hear some portable gear as this isn't an area I have much experience with. When is your other meet?

FeedMeTrance - I don't have a problem with meeting on Sunday 7 October, however I don't want to keep moving the date. I'll wait to hear from the others to see if they'd prefer the Saturday or Sunday, but whichever way it goes, we're going to have to make that stick so we have a firm date.

Interested parties so far are myself, pxpx, jdimitri, The Pieman, jaspert, and FeedMeTrance. Can each of you please post here whether you'd prefer Saturday 6th, or Sunday 7th. Also, there's still room if a couple more people are interested.

Thanks.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #13 of 58
Hopefully i can get the house hunting sorted by this weekend.
There's nothing concrete happening with the other meet at the moment ,just a few passing mentions.

I'm happy to bring along my Darkvoice 336i with a few extra tubes and ny portable amps.

I work on alternate sunday morning so i should be able to make it in the afternoon.

Aug 29, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #14 of 58
WHooops sorry missed this thread completely..
Someone shoulda informed me!

I'll come with everything in my sig, except the things are already going to be there. I'm not sure of how i'm getting there yet

And.. i should have a hd650 (w/equinox and RAL cable) and a w5000 by then

I'll be away mid september to oct 3 though.. so i'll be slow around that time

PS. Any date's after the 3rd is fine by me

Aug 29, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #15 of 58
i'll prob go if nothing major comes up on that date. might get my new amp by then
smily_headphones1.gif

i'll bring my low serial k1000 and my amp (what ever i'll be runing at the time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back