Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Group Buys (One for U.S., One for Europe)
Nov 30, 2004 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 470
porta320.jpg
porta2b.jpg

Meier Audio is allowing us to organize group buys of the Porta Corda MkII portable headphone amplifiers at tremendous cost savings to us. How much?

EUR 90.00 + shipping and handling (USD $120.00 + shipping and handling)

That is nearly half off the normal price of EUR 175.00 (USD $225.00).

NOTE: These amps will ship with a mini-to-mini interconnect (not the Oehlbach one, but a good, functional one), but will not ship with the 120-ohm adapter.

To make each of these group buys happen will require that each group buy receives at least ten orders -- nine for the U.S. (I'm ordering one), and ten for Europe.

The shipments to our European members who order from this group buy will come from either the U.K. or Central Europe (we're working that out now). The shipments to our U.S. members will come from Michigan.

If you wish to participate in these group buys, please respond in this thread with a simple message that states region and quantity desired in the following format: "US/1" or "EU/1"

Once we get a better idea of interest levels, I will chime in with (a) whether or not we have sufficient quantities available to fulfill all requests (in the event that interest outstrips supply, it's first-come-first-serve), and (b) how to arrange payment (it will likely be via PayPal, and maybe also major credit cards).

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM or e-mail me, including the words "Group Buy" in the message title.

Information about the Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII from Meier Audio's website can be found by clicking here

Again, if you wish to participate in these group buys, please respond in this thread with a simple message that states region and quantity desired in the following format: "US/1" or "EU/1"

[size=small]Group Buy Update Notes[/size]
  1. 2004-11-30 21:01 EST -- The last day to sign up for these group buys will be December 30, 2004 23:59 EST (GMT -05:00). I will provide more payment and shipping details and timeframes before the week's end.
  2. 2004-12-02 17:15 EST -- We have our European Group Buy Coordinator, and our U.S. Group Buy Coordinator, and they are PeterR (Germany) and jude (Michigan), respectively. We're still looking for a Canadian Group Buy Coordinator to help out, please PM me, and I'll let you know what it involves.
  3. 2004-12-03 03:50 EST -- We have our Canadian Group Buy Coordinator, and it's TrevorNetwork. Thanks, Trevor, I hope we'll be able to save our Canadian friends some dough.
  4. 2004-12-05 06:26 EST -- The price with shipping will be listed at the bottom of this post, and updated as needed.
  5. 2004-12-05 06:44 EST -- I made a small adjustment to the prices (want to make sure there's room for transactional costs). These Group Buys aren't intended to result in profit for anyone (not Head-Fi, not Meier Audio), but I also don't want to have to incur out-of-pocket expenses, so I am trying to be on the side of caution.

After the PayPal buttons go up, we will start listing members we've received payment from, organized by region.
  6. 2004-12-05 16:52 EST -- I'm going to have to reserve the right to change the prices on an ongoing basis. That is, once someone has paid at whatever price it's at at that time for his region, then he's in, and, of course, won't have any further price adjustments. However, if you pay later, I will not guarantee that the price you pay will be the same as one of your regionmates who paid even hours (or minutes) earlier.

The one thing that won't change for this group buy is the base price of the amp, which will be EUR 90.00 (so, using that as the basis, prices may adjust a wee bit here and there for non-Euro currencies -- currently, for example, that's USD$ 121.00).

Though I expect these prices to remain as they are currently, I'm going to have to reserve this right to make necessary adjustments if I find the cost factors change significantly from projections. If cost factors change downward from projections, I'll make adjustments in that direction, too, of course. I hope you all can understand this, as I'd rather not get taken to the cleaners on this.
  7. 2004-12-06 01:48 EST -- Price adjusted up a bit again. I'm learning more about the PayPal transactional costs. There's going to be a PayPal payment from you to me, and then a PayPal payment from me to Jan to pay for the amps, and then from me to PeterR (in Europe) to pay for the shipping costs. For each of these transfers, PayPal takes their piece out. I imagine we may lose a few sales with the shipping costs, but this is still the best bargain going in our hobby right now.

Canada, still on hold while I wait for the last details to finish up. We haven't figured out if Trevor or I will be accepting payments from you, which may have an effect on PayPal costs. There will likely be a small duty charge as part of the handling costs for our Canadian customers.

If there are any international PayPal experts here, PM me, so we can go over how these costs are going to work out together.
  8. 2004-12-06 02:32 EST -- PayPal payment buttons up (see bottom of this post for the link).
  9. 2004-12-13 14:29 EST -- Forgot to edit this post on Friday to reflect that the Canadian PayPal button was put up. See the price and link below. Also, slight price adjustments were made to try to equalize pricing across all three Group Buys.

[align=center][size=small]Group Buy Pricing (2004-12-06 01:40 EST)[/size][/align]

[align=center]
  1. Europe: EUR 111.00 (USD$ 149.13)
  2. U.S.A.: USD $149.13
  3. Canada: CAD $183.75 (USD$ 149.76)
[/align]
IMPORTANT: I reserve the right to change the prices on an ongoing basis, so, if you haven't paid yet, make sure to keep an eye on this section of this post for the price. This means that once someone has paid at whatever price it's at at that time for his region, then he's in, and, of course, won't have any further price adjustments. However, if you pay later, I will not guarantee that the price you pay will be the same as one of your regionmates who paid hours (or even minutes) earlier, as it may need to be adjusted if projections prove off.

The one thing that won't change for this group buy is the base price of the amp, which will be EUR 90.00 (so, using that as the basis, prices may adjust a wee bit here and there for non-Euro currencies -- currently, for example, that's USD$ 121.00).

Though I expect these prices to remain as they are currently, I'm going to have to reserve this right to make necessary adjustments if I find the cost factors change significantly from projections. If cost factors change downward from projections, I'll make adjustments in that direction, too, of course. I hope you all can understand this, as I'd rather not get taken to the cleaners on this.

[align=center][size=medium]The payment page can be found by CLICKING HERE[/size][/align]

b.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back