Mega
Mar 27, 2022 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Trihexagonal

Headphoneus Supremus
Can you write a story in one meaningful unbroken sentence with each letter beginning with the same word? Can You do it using each word once only? Can you beat me?

This is an open challenge to raise the bar in alliteration. But to raise the bar, you have to beat me.

I am izezi and I am The Bar.

I will only play once to set it, it's no fun for anyone else when i play.
60 words, as my eyea count them, with each word used only once:

Crazy curmudgeon crackhead Crusty Charles carefully contemplated casually cruising cool carnival crowds, conscious cranky cross-eyed carnie clown crime crews carrying concealed cellphones could call concerned crafty Central City county cops close certainly catching cocaine crazed codgers compulsively chasing choice crying cuties, consequently confiscating criminal coke contraband, clobbering cross-examining coppers critically cracking Charley's crisp crew-cut cranium crown causing considerable cerebral consternation.

If you can beat me I will play one more round. If beaten that round I will change the name of this thread to acclaim you The Bar, and beaten, but not bawling, bow down before you and beat it back to from whence I wandered.

They say you can't take it with you, then you'll have to take my Title from me. Here is your chance.
Good luck with that. and I mean it.

Now that the puffery part of it is over, show me who is worthy of wearing it with written words, warriors.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 8
Always angered, argumentative, assuming all around are a-holes, an appreciative afficionado, amateur audiophile Alexander Abraham Abrimov asked ambiguously about amplification artifacts, already anxious, Alex argued advantages against augmented amp ability, abandoning already available accredited academics, accompanying articles, appraised algorithms, although amusing anecdotes appeared, adjacent approaches arrived and assuaged Al attentively absorbed abundant acoustic audio advice, accepting articulated advanced abstracts as accurate, appreciating adjoining, advantageous appraisals, another audioholic adventure awaits.

(69, giggity)

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 8
Always angered, argumentative, assuming all around are a-holes, an appreciative afficionado, amateur audiophile Alexander Abraham Abrimov asked ambiguously about amplification artifacts, already anxious, Alex argued advantages against augmented amp ability, abandoning already available accredited academics, accompanying articles, appraised algorithms, although amusing anecdotes appeared, adjacent approaches arrived and assuaged Al attentively absorbed abundant acoustic audio advice, accepting articulated advanced abstracts as accurate, appreciating adjoining, advantageous appraisals, another audioholic adventure awaits.

(69, giggity)

Always angered, argumentative, assuming all around are a-holes,
Your statement ended there.
Substituting a comma for a period does not make it flow.

This isn't English class.

I highly approve of the insult though. :beerchug:

Nobody wants to give up their title, and when taking it is your sole purpose in being there sometime you have to bait them with insults.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 8
To be persnickety and pedantic, a curmudgeonly crank: "Crusty," "Charles," and "cellphone" aren't at all alliterative.

Gauntlet taken up:

After announcing Alphabetic All-Star Alert, arrogant, anonymous, alliterating auto-aggrandizer assumes adding additional attributes (adjectives, adverbs) accomplishes assured accolades, applause, admiration, adoration, adulation, attaining awards and apogean ascendance above all apt (also amateurish) audiophiles— ah, addlepated ass!— alas, at (astounding! amazing! awe-inspiring! attractive!) arch-antagonist’s arrival, alliteration's antichrist actually achieves absolutely agonizing annihilation, acquires antipathy, animosity, aversion, animus, appalling abashment— an abhorrent abomination.

I'm a little annoyed with myself that "All-Star," and "awe-inspiring" aren't double alliterations... since those ones couldn't count double, I counted all hyphenated words as a single. Also, "auto-" isn't quite alliterative with the rest of the sentence. But that's better than your 9 aberrations. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 8
Playah's picky point precludes puny Peter Piper's pinkies picking precious pickled pepper pecks permanently, providing phrase phenom pox plenty pleasure pleasing prior player.

4 Word Allitwrati0on it is, and will remain till I am beaten. Here is an example:

Territorial terriers terrified Terri.

The highest number of same first letters in each word of a meaningful four word alliterative. string rules. That's the same first 5 letters of each word: .

This is my last play:

Schoolma'am schoolmaster's schoolmarm schoolmate

The bar is set at the first 8 letters in each 4 words.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #8 of 8
I appreciate the gesture... I'd say I don't want it, but it's what I get for not reading your first post closely enough (and also not having the willpower to withhold). I don't know if I have the patience for another 61-word alliterative sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back